Sir Andy Murray, OBE. World No 1
Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympics - London 2012 - General Chat including Opening Ceremony and the Finale

Re: Olympics - London 2012 - General Chat

There's a full list of countries competing at the Olympics with flagbearers so far here in Wiki.
    (Quicker to look there than on London 2012 website).

There are still a lot to be named.
    FYI the list is A-Z but as host country Great Britain is last - and parades last on the Opening night.
    The off-topic queen strikes again ...................

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

JAMES4578 (18-07-2012)

There's an alternative torch relay that has progressed along the same route as the Olympic flame!
    But they've RUN all the way!!

See BBC report here.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

Genbrit (20-07-2012)

I'd heard about that - quite a feat!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18071080

The BBC's Red Button service for the Olympics on Sky, Virgin Media and Freesat will offer audiences access to up to 24 live streams, while there will be an additional 24-hour channel of extra BBC Olympics content available via the BBC Red Button for audiences with Freeview and BT Vision.

"We will be bringing live coverage of every Olympic Sport from every venue, through a combination of BBC One and BBC Three and up to 24 simultaneous streams live online on PC, mobile, tablet or connected TV.

"These services will be complemented by coverage on Radio 5 live, mobile and tablet.

"The majority of cable and satellite viewers will be able to access the 24 channels on their providers' platform through the BBC Red Button.

"Alongside our sport offering, our news services will be providing impartial news coverage on all the big Olympic stories."

The flagship Olympic channels, BBC One, BBC Two (when BBC One switches to the news), BBC Three, BBC HD and BBC One HD will be dedicated to the event over the 17 days of competition.

A 24-hour digital radio station, Radio 5 live Olympic Extra, will complement BBC Radio 5 live and BBC Radio 5 live Sports Extra for the duration of the Games.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cazza99 For This Useful Post:

-J- (19-07-2012), Genbrit (20-07-2012), JAMES4578 (20-07-2012)

Us poor folk with council telly get left out again. :(
    Hawkeye always has the last word.

There is a 72 page Olympic Special magazine coming out with the Radio Times next week.

Sun - Olympic gods: Top ten hot shots of the 2012 Games

Am I the only one that thinks all of the Olympics security restrictions etc are ridiculous?

I was checking the guidance for the Milennium Stadium (I'm going to my first ever football match) and they strongly advise not taking a bag....well where are people supposed to put wallets, phones and cameras?

I have been and got a tiny bag in the hope this won't delay my entry by too much!

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks all of the Olympics security restrictions etc are ridiculous?

I was checking the guidance for the Milennium Stadium (I'm going to my first ever football match) and they strongly advise not taking a bag....well where are people supposed to put wallets, phones and cameras?

I have been and got a tiny bag in the hope this won't delay my entry by too much!
    I agree with you; it all sounds OTT. This business of refusing entry if someone wears the wrong trainers is nuts! I know why they are doing it but the tickets cost a fair bit in the first place without moreorless insisting people go and buy trainers with the sponsors name on the side. I'm not a big fan of the nanny state and this is a good example of it being taken too far.
    erm, now where did I put my soapbox ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sallydaisy View Post
    I agree with you; it all sounds OTT. This business of refusing entry if someone wears the wrong trainers is nuts! I know why they are doing it but the tickets cost a fair bit in the first place without moreorless insisting people go and buy trainers with the sponsors name on the side. I'm not a big fan of the nanny state and this is a good example of it being taken too far.
    erm, now where did I put my soapbox ...
    are you a fan of higher taxes to pay for the games, you sell the soul to the devil you have to dance to his tune