PDA

View Full Version : We're a year older ...

Sallydaisy
01-10-2012, 10:42
Hasn't the last 12 months flown by?

A year ago we opened the forum for business and thankfully a whole bunch of you signed up, joined in and stayed with us on the Murraycoaster.

A year ago Andy was in Tokyo and won 2 titles - singles and doubles - before going on to win in Shanghai and mop up in the Asian swing. We were still hoping, dreaming and wanting him to win that elusive first Grand Slam, analyzing his game and keeping track of everything he did.
We even seemed to like Mr Lendl when he joined the excellent Team Murray in January this year ... but wondered if he'd be any help.

A year on and Andy's gone and done it - and more!!! He won his first Grand Slam title at the
US Open AND the Olympic Gold Medal on home turf at Wimbledon.

Truly awesome moments for Andy Murray fans who've supported him through thick and thin (despite sometimes having a bit of a grumble) and suffered frequent bouts of Murrayitis alternating with Coaster-sickness.

Now we're all back on the Tokyo threads to cheer him on to defend his titles.

Some have joined but not been around much, others just like to read the information about Andy, others dip in from time to time to say hello and there's a bunch of you without whom the forum wouldn't work at all. You know who you are and we thank you!
:worship:

We hope we've provided a base for plenty of chat and support for Andy Murray and his family.
It's been wonderful being able to share so many special Muzzah moments with you all and have a place for like minded tennis fans to meet, be competitive, exchange banter about other players/sports/events and life in general.

Thanks for being with us!

We couldn't celebrate without a cake ... a trip to the bar is optional.
;)

http://www.anodeoutlet.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/anode-birthday-cake.jpg

Cazza, DaveCH, Hawkeye, Hfwardhouse, Knightowl, Pabbers, Sallydaisy and Xenon21.

Jan
01-10-2012, 11:20
Happy Birthday to us!!!

A huge thank you to the Mods for all your hard work, which we often take for granted - we really appreciate all you do!
:bravo:

What a year it's been for British tennis in general, but especially for our Andy! :trophy:

It's been a pleasure to share the highs (and lows) with forum members. Thanks to those who have kept us optimistic in the "lows" and to those who so faithfully post lots of info and links for us!

Here's to another great Andy Murray Year! I look forward to sharing it with you all!
:yak::highfive:

Jennan
01-10-2012, 11:25
Thanks mods. Doesn't seem like a year. I'm one of the members who like to dip in from time to time, check out all about Andy, particularly enjoy the Newspaper and Internet reports - thanks all, especially Cazza for taking the time to post the reports
and Sally Daisy for all the tournament information.

Golden Lady
01-10-2012, 11:59
A year since we got this lovely new home, wow that's gone so fast! I would also like to say thank you to the mods for all that they individually contribute. What a privilege it is to support Andy with like-minded folk who are friendly and warm. I have appreciated this forum more than I can say over the past 3 years or so, it's a great community and I'm so glad that I feel a part of it.
:thumbup:

jeannie13
01-10-2012, 12:45
Is it a year already!!!! Thanks to all the mods for all their hard work. A special mention for Cazza with her numerous posting of newspaper articles.:thanks::flowers:
Could I make a suggestion to change the picture on entry to the forum to reflect Andy's status as Grand slam winner & olympic gold medallist.:gold::trophy:

lynne
01-10-2012, 13:05
Just to say a Big Thank You to all the Mods & has been said especially Sally & Cazza for all their informative post especially during the Olympics & U S Open......no forum is better in my eyes..it is the first port of call for any info regarding tennis...
So again A BIG THANKS TO ALL including the members who make it fun & who also post vital information.........
:bravo::bravo::bravo: and :thanks::thanks: to all......

Oh! and not forgetting Davech & Knightowl..........AS YOU ARE ALL JUST
:gold::gold::gold:

traveller7
01-10-2012, 13:12
Wow a year already time flies by, I was on the old thread before joining here. Love posting here and experiencing the highs and lows of Andy.

Aussie Andy
01-10-2012, 13:14
Congratulations to us and especially to the mods! :flowers:

Could I make a suggestion to change the picture on entry to the forum to reflect Andy's status as Grand slam winner & olympic gold medallist.:gold::trophy:

Yes please, I second this suggestion! :thumbup: Unless you all want to be pestered over the next few months....

patmoren
01-10-2012, 13:39
Hadn't realised it was so long, so much has happened in the last year and my life is now completely different.
Happy Birthday AMFF and all who sail in her!!

RoastLamb
01-10-2012, 14:10
Happy birthday AMFF!
:flowers: :party:

I can't believe it's been a year. Just very happy our previous forum got to live on and is even better than it was and hardly any fights - yay!

The mods work so very hard.
Seriously, Cazza deserves a gold medal of her own for the newspapers and internet links. And Sally for all the information providing threads. Awesome!!!

jaysee
01-10-2012, 16:05
Happy birthday AMFF! :flowers: :party:

I can't believe it's been a year. Just very happy our previous forum got to live on and is even better than it was and hardly any fights - yay!

The mods work so very hard. Seriously, Cazza deserves a gold medal of her own for the newspapers and internet links. And Sally for all the information providing threads. Awesome!!!
I couldn't put it any better! A year already? Many thanks to the Mods for resurrecting the Forum when it died a sudden death, and especially to Sally and Cazza for all the information they gather together.
:flowers:

I'm one of those who tend to read the forum more than I post, but as Lynne said, it's the first port of call for any info regarding tennis.

ljs
01-10-2012, 16:19
wow , a year already , but what a year its been :yahoo: Just adding my thanks to all the mods , you do a great job !!!

Its so great to be able to come here , especially during Andy's matches , we have cried together , laughed together , been so mad together , and of course recently , we have all :party: together .

This is tennis home for me

AllyB
01-10-2012, 16:33
I suppose you're all doing a reasonably good job ;)

pabbers
01-10-2012, 17:16

Aw shucks.........we're underwhelmed :lol:

hfwardhouse
01-10-2012, 18:22

Aw you're too kind ;)

Fina
02-10-2012, 12:11
The year has flown - but what a year!
Many thanks to all involved on the site :flowers:

Linda
02-10-2012, 18:54
Many thanks to Sally, Cazza and all the mods :clap: :clap: :clap:

JAMES4578
02-10-2012, 19:05
Thanks so much to all the mods for their hard work and for making us all feel so welcome. Not going over old ground but it was such a blow when the old forum closed and fabulous we have this place, a year has simply flown by!

Manaus
03-10-2012, 21:05
Time flies so quickly! Really enjoyed being part of the old forum and this forum too. Not been as active here as I have in the past as I've been busy but always like to read through the threads regularly to keep up to date with what's going on.

Big thank you to Sally for all her work, Cazza for all the news links (especially these last few weeks - so many great articles :) ) and to Davech, Hawkeye, Hfwardhouse, Knightowl, Pabbers, and Xenon21. You all do a fantastic job. :thumbup:

Here's to many more years! :clap:

supergran
04-10-2012, 20:44
A year..unbelievable! And what an unbelievable year it has been. Thanks to all concerned for your hard work and commitment.:clap::clap:

xenon21
04-10-2012, 22:53
Wow! The year has flown by and what an amazing year shared with an amazing bunch on the forum!

Happy birthday AMFF and everyone on it! Long may it keep shining bright with our love and support for our man! (and other players including Jamie and the Brits)

:flowers:

mintsauce
13-10-2012, 22:44
Yes Many Thanks:flowers: to all the mods - although I very rarely post these days I do drop in from time to time!