You guys need a new thread .......
:skippy:

AussieAndyFan
07-01-2013, 12:53
Now I have to do it! lol

Sallydaisy
07-01-2013, 13:25
Now I have to do it! lol
We love hearing about your exploits - and looking out for you on the TV!!!
Hope you are able to get in?
How are the new t-shirts coming along?

AussieAndyFan
07-01-2013, 13:40
We love hearing about your exploits - and looking out for you on the TV!!!
Hope you are able to get in?
How are the new t-shirts coming along?

Hopefully we will be alright! Judy tweeted me the other day & said if we had any trouble just give her a shout, which was incredible of her as always!

Have not done them yet, first thing tomorrow morning myself & Nick are going around to a few shops to get some prices & handing the singlets over to be printed on. Leaving it real late!!

Caro
07-01-2013, 14:32
How quickly does a year go by?!!

Looking forward to reading your blog, it has become a part of the AO for us all here!!

AussieAndyFan
07-01-2013, 14:40
How quickly does a year go by?!!

You're telling me!! I'm 21 this year!

Sallydaisy
07-01-2013, 15:19
Oooh good luck with the big 2-1. How will you celebrate? Coming over to Wimbledon perhaps???
;)

AussieAndyFan
07-01-2013, 15:50
Oooh good luck with the big 2-1. How will you celebrate? Coming over to Wimbledon perhaps???
;)

Thankyou! Oh, if only!! Have no idea yet, only 4 months away, so should probably get cracking.

pabbers
07-01-2013, 16:29
How easy is it to get tix? Mr P says we should plan to include the Oz Open in a trip to Oz/NZ in Jan 2015 :skippy:

Jan
07-01-2013, 16:46
look forward to spotting you!!

xenon21
07-01-2013, 16:52
Not contemplating please! But definitely doing ;) Can't wait to hear of your adventures!

AussieAndyFan
08-01-2013, 04:49
How easy is it to get tix? Mr P says we should plan to include the Oz Open in a trip to Oz/NZ in Jan 2015 :skippy:

Tickets are no real issue! Can buy online/at the gate on the day. The middle Saturday has been the only day that sells out completely lately. For the second week of the tournament, if you want Rod Laver/Hisense tickets you should probably book in advance!

supergran
08-01-2013, 14:49
Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing your photos. Looking at handsome, bronzed young Andy supporters doesn't half cheer me up on a January day.:boogie::skippy:;)

VamosVixs
08-01-2013, 17:10
Looking forward to this! :thumbup:

jeannie13
08-01-2013, 19:06
Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing your photos. Looking at handsome, bronzed young Andy supporters doesn't half cheer me up on a January day.:boogie::skippy:;)

You old flirt,you !!!:love: mind you i agree wholeheartedly.:laugh:

cazza99
08-01-2013, 19:25
This thread is starting to make the Ozzy Open get closer. Getting excited now :skippy: :skippy:

AussieAndyFan
10-01-2013, 06:08
Went to Day 2 of the Qualifying today. Not too much went on, just happy to be back into it all :)

Played a bit of mini tennis, but most of the morning/arvo was spent walking around having a look at a few different players. Noticed one brit woman got up and the other went down in straight sets!

Shall post a couple of pics later on :)

JAMES4578
10-01-2013, 07:45
Look forward to the next instalment and the pics too Shane!

patmoren
10-01-2013, 21:03
Have a great time at the AO, will be looking forward to your blogs.

AussieAndyFan
11-01-2013, 05:59
Another good day at Qualifying today :)

Waaayyyy too hot though & I am already incredibly sunburnt after only 2 days!!

Myself & a mate sat it out in the sun to watch Rajeev Ram win his match. Can't recall the name of his opponent but he was a French bloke, with a few people cheering him on. However, they had no etiquette, and were cheering for missed shots from Ram etc. Got into the 3rd set so we decided to chirp up a little bit as Ram had a break. He ended up winning the match to which he received a standing ovation from my mate & I. The blokes who were supporting the opposing player however did not take to this too well... looked at us and did the whole "What are you looking at?" tough guy routine. We just laughed it off & said maybe see you next year.

We saw Judy watching a British woman, who I also forget the name of, unfortunately she lost 8-6 in the 3rd & final set.

By this stage it was too hot & we were starving, so we decided to take off by the overpass (which is known as the practice viewing deck) & Andy was hitting up on Court 17 with the team. Had a quick look at that, but there were a fair few people around so decided to call it a day!

Have bought the singlets & are putting the letters on them tomorrow!

P.S I actually don't mind the draw! Although Haase first up will test him, I'm confident he will still win relatively comfortably. For those of you who don't know, we also support Monfils, Alize Cornet & Edouard Roger-Vaselin in the singles. Monfils/Dolgo first up will be great as we assume it will get the evening game on Margaret Court, where the atmosphere is immense!

I think we are going back in tomorrow to try & sort out a few things before Day 1!!

Linda
11-01-2013, 06:08
Dolly gets Monfils in the first round? How unlucky is that :sad: (should be a great match though)

JAMES4578
11-01-2013, 07:23
Another good day at Qualifying today :)

Waaayyyy too hot though & I am already incredibly sunburnt after only 2 days!!

Myself & a mate sat it out in the sun to watch Rajeev Ram win his match. Can't recall the name of his opponent but he was a French bloke, with a few people cheering him on. However, they had no etiquette, and were cheering for missed shots from Ram etc. Got into the 3rd set so we decided to chirp up a little bit as Ram had a break. He ended up winning the match to which he received a standing ovation from my mate & I. The blokes who were supporting the opposing player however did not take to this too well... looked at us and did the whole "What are you looking at?" tough guy routine. We just laughed it off & said maybe see you next year.

We saw Judy watching a British woman, who I also forget the name of, unfortunately she lost 8-6 in the 3rd & final set.

By this stage it was too hot & we were starving, so we decided to take off by the overpass (which is known as the practice viewing deck) & Andy was hitting up on Court 17 with the team. Had a quick look at that, but there were a fair few people around so decided to call it a day!

Have bought the singlets & are putting the letters on them tomorrow!

P.S I actually don't mind the draw! Although Haase first up will test him, I'm confident he will still win relatively comfortably. For those of you who don't know, we also support Monfils, Alize Cornet & Edouard Roger-Vaselin in the singles. Monfils/Dolgo first up will be great as we assume it will get the evening game on Margaret Court, where the atmosphere is immense!

I think we are going back in tomorrow to try & sort out a few things before Day 1!!

Seemed brutal conditions but glad it was an enjoyable and eventful day, look forward to spotting you all again, you should have a few entertaining times!Certainly hope Hasse won't be quite so tough this time and we can really enjoy the match! Monfils/Dolgo should be the pick of round 1,hope Gael comes through that one!

AussieAndyFan
12-01-2013, 00:06

1st is the Mini Tennis Courts, 2nd is Show Court 3 :)

AussieAndyFan
12-01-2013, 00:07
PS apologies they are rotated to the left, not sure how that happened :lol:

AussieAndyFan
12-01-2013, 08:32
Singlets are done!! :yay:

Just got home from the final day of quallies.

It was 'Kids Day' today so there was a heap of people around. They had a match on Rod Laver with a few of the big guns (we got there late, so I can't recall who played). Obviously just a muck-around game but would have been fun at least.

We went to watch Rajeev Ram in his final, he ended up winning 11-9 in the final set, so that made it entertaining, and now he has got his spot in the main draw :)

That finished & we just managed to catch the end of the Baker/Young match. SO much support there for Jamie Baker which was great to see, they were in full voice too, so we can only expect to see the same in Andy's first match on Tuesday!

Then went on to play a match of mini tennis.... I got comfortably beaten 6-2 6-2 6-2, at least I was somewhat consistent though! ;)

A break tomorrow before Day 1!!! Can not wait! We have Roger-Vasselin first up in the morning followed by Alize, so it should be a fun day :)

Shall put up a photo of the singlets later on tonight!

Linda
12-01-2013, 09:14
Thanks Shane - great to hear that Jamie Baker had lots of support! :)

cazza99
12-01-2013, 11:04
PS apologies they are rotated to the left, not sure how that happened :lol:

I'd have thought they should have been upside down as you are down under :lol:

AussieAndyFan
12-01-2013, 11:44
I'd have thought they should have been upside down as you are down under :lol:

Hahaha!! I don't mind that..

supergran
12-01-2013, 14:42
Thanks Shane....looking forward to hearing from you throughout the tournament. Have a fantastic time!:skippy::skippy:

Sallydaisy
12-01-2013, 14:46
Thanks for the reports Shane, please keep 'em coming if you can! Hope you enjoy your 'break' today from the tennis and don't get too sunburnt; seems as though it's going to get warm in Melbourne.

Have you gone for black and white shirts again this year?
Just so's we know what to look for when it all kicks off.

AussieAndyFan
12-01-2013, 15:13
Thanks for the reports Shane, please keep 'em coming if you can! Hope you enjoy your 'break' today from the tennis and don't get too sunburnt; seems as though it's going to get warm in Melbourne.

Have you gone for black and white shirts again this year?
Just so's we know what to look for when it all kicks off.

Not a problem! :) Thursday is expected to reach 39 degrees which is just way over the top!

Yeah, white singlets & black letters! Was meaning to post a picture tonight but got distracted, so shall do so in the afternoon as it's currently about 2.15am over here & I need my beauty sleep! :)

pabbers
12-01-2013, 18:54
Yes - we don't want to be looking at you with bags under your eyes ;)

AussieAndyFan
13-01-2013, 02:20

Finally!! :)

Genbrit
13-01-2013, 02:38
Great - Glad you will be there again cheering Andy on. Look forward to seeing you and hearing your comments on here. :skippy:

ljs
13-01-2013, 03:39
ohh they look great Shane !!!!

look forward to hearing you & seeing you on tv !!

JAMES4578
13-01-2013, 12:58
Awesome Shane, can't wait for it all to begin!

cazza99
13-01-2013, 13:04
You are getting famous before it even starts :)

Australian Open ‏@AustralianOpen

RT @judmoo: "@ShaneBullen: Singlets done! Can't wait for Tuesday! @AustralianOpen #ao #murray pic.twitter.com/ay3ctvQ0" Murray Barmy Army!

JAMES4578
14-01-2013, 07:31
Looks like the guys seen a few dramatic matches going their way, Roger Valessin came through 11-9 in the 5th and Alize Cornet won 10-8 in the decider!

Sallydaisy
14-01-2013, 08:59
Those ANDY boys will be hoarse already after cheering their faves through 2 long matches!!!

How's it going Shane???

Caro
14-01-2013, 09:27
Those ANDY boys will be hoarse already after cheering their faves through 2 long matches!!!

How's it going Shane???

Hope you boys can re-charge your voices in time for Andy! Can't wait to hear about your day, I bet it was fantastic!!

AussieAndyFan
14-01-2013, 12:24
Very long day! Am absolutely wrecked. I'm bed now and we have an early start in the morning with Andy on Rod Laver!! Can not wait... For now though, sleep is needed. Shall hopefully put a day 1 recap up within 24 hours.

hfwardhouse
14-01-2013, 12:29
Sleep well Shane!

Bardot
15-01-2013, 08:17
A terrific vocal performance from the ANDY boys who were featured often during the TV coverage. Andy was asked about you during his press conference, he says you need some new songs, time to put him straight.
:big grin:

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/video/index.html#ooid=V1NHNlODpDw5fjfupZH--sA9Wk35segz

Sallydaisy
15-01-2013, 09:10
Awesome performance from the Andy Boys again!
:thumbup:

pabbers
15-01-2013, 09:51
Saw you several times boys - my, my you ARE growing up ;) - no wonder you needed new singlets.

Elenive
15-01-2013, 10:26
You guys are so cool, epic stuff lads!

cazza99
15-01-2013, 10:33
Well done lads :clap: Heard you loud and clear. :clap:

xenon21
15-01-2013, 11:02
Heard you quite a few times. And LOL at Andy! Show him some of your new stuff to prove him wrong ;)

cazza99
15-01-2013, 11:03
A terrific vocal performance from the ANDY boys who were featured often during the TV coverage. Andy was asked about you during his press conference, he says you need some new songs, time to put him straight.
:big grin:

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/video/index.html#ooid=V1NHNlODpDw5fjfupZH--sA9Wk35segz

Here is the transcript

Q. What did you make of the singing fans that supported you?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I think it's the same group of guys that come every single year. So, yeah, they've been there, yeah, I would say at least four or five years. They've been coming to watch. Try to sort them out some tickets when we can.

Yeah, they're good support and pretty amusing songs. Although I think they haven't come up with too many new ones, so challenge them to that.

Q. Are they Australians?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah.

lynne
15-01-2013, 11:36
Well done lads....good performance during Andy's match also during the Gael Monfils match.......good show!!!:thumbup:

Good you had different singlets on...phew!:thumbup:

patmoren
15-01-2013, 11:47
Another great performance from team Australia, keep it going guys.

xenon21
15-01-2013, 11:56
Wish we could get a bunch of chanting fans altogether for Andy's matches at Wimbledon. Would mean everyone queuing up overnight. Maybe some can get together but unfortunately it rules me out :(

hfwardhouse
15-01-2013, 12:23
I saw on twitter or FB this morning that there's a group hoping to come to Wimbly this year so watch this space!

pabbers
15-01-2013, 12:51
Given the way seats are allocated for Wimbly, what would be the chance of a group getting seats together even if they queued?

jaysee
15-01-2013, 13:12
Given the way seats are allocated for Wimbly, what would be the chance of a group getting seats together even if they queued?
The Aussie Fanatics seem to manage it at Wimbly! ;)

JAMES4578
15-01-2013, 13:17
I'm sure the guys have a few tricks up their sleeve, well done again on your awesome support! Great to see you on TV again!

Caro
15-01-2013, 13:17
Yes, if you queue together, you can get tickets together.

AussieAndyFan
15-01-2013, 13:24
Thank you guys!

Today was without doubt the best day I have ever had at the Tennis. Everything went right :)

Shall do a quick write up from Day 1 & then tell you all about Day 2 :)

AussieAndyFan
15-01-2013, 14:13
Ok... Day 1

We started Day 1 early, very early. An 8.30am wake up after only 6 hours sleep due to the United/Liverpool game on. Safe to say it was way too early for us and we wanted to go back to bed!

So we got into Melbourne Park about 10.30, just in time for Roger-Vasselin to start at 11. It was an absolute grinder!! A long 5 setter out in the sun was not how we planned the day to start off with. We managed to watch the first 3 sets of Edouard's game before Alize started and we went straight over to her match.

Her's was much the same... a long, 3 set, 3 hour match in the heat. They both got the win in the final sets with both going past the 6 game mark.

From there it was time to walk around & catch up with people who had flown down, as well as a few employees who we have gotten to know over the years! By this time it was probably 6pm? So it was time for a few beverages before we took off :)

Sorry to make it quick, but I really want to get into Day 2!

AussieAndyFan
15-01-2013, 14:31
Day 2

Alrighty!!

Another early start with another 8.30 wake up! This is not like me at all...

We got to the grounds just after 10am & picked up our tickets. We all had our singlets on from the get-go, and we managed to bump into a few scots that we have met the past couple years who are here each year! I may have said this last year (these are the people who gave us tablet), so before a word was said, we politely declined a potential offer to try some more tablet... sorry guys but i'm not a fan at all!

From there it was into Andy's game! Our seats were in the sun, but there was a little breeze which was alright. I can't believe how well he played today, as all of us expected Haase to put up a bit more of a fight, & also I guess for Andy to be a bit rusty early on. But he was switched on which was great to see so early in the tournament! We used one of our new chants at the 1st break in the 3rd set which goes along to the tune of 'YMCA', as you may or may not have heard. We also read Andy's comments later in the day, and yes we do have a few more to come! :) Nonetheless we were stoked we got a mention from him, & that he put a bit of a light-hearted challenge towards us :)

So surprisingly, that game wrapped up quicker than we thought, so from then (approx. 12:30ish) til about 7pm (Gael's match), we had nothing planned. We managed to see a few players we support training on the outside courts, so we had a little chat to a few of them about the coming two weeks which was great! Also a new feature this year was big screens at each court showing the practice schedule for the day, which I'm not too sure whether any other Slams do this!?

So mixing in with watching players train, we pretty much just walked around to see a few different people & had a few photos taken which was good fun.

It hit probably 6.45ish and we quickly made our way over to Margaret Court Arena for our other game.... which was a BIG mistake. We got there and the lines for each door were probably 20m long with the staff on the door telling everybody they had hit capacity & were not allowing anyone else in. By the time we got in, it was halfway through the second set, but we were all separated. Thankfully by the time the 3rd set started, we had found 4 seats all together!

I absolutely LOVE Margaret Court as the atmosphere & the crowd are incredible & it makes singing/chanting that much more fun as the crowd responds to anything. It was a pretty exciting match which I guess you could expect with Monfils & Dolgo playing. Monfils won in 4 & ended up running away with it as Dolgo was off his game a little today.

After the much they have interviews on court with the winner, the interviewer brought up us to Gael, saying we loved him & wanted to have his babies (not too sure how to take it), but we got an incredible reception, which was amazing. Gael also gave us a few kind words & thanked us & the whole crowd for coming.

It was now about 10pm, I believe.. (my phone died halfway through) so it was pretty much time to get going.

So in other words... I had the best & most fun day I have ever had at the Tennis as it was so productive for us & we saw two great wins!

Tomorrow, we have a very busy day!

Bryans 3rd on.
Roger-Vasselin 4th? on.
Bhupathi/Nestor 4th on.
Alize Cornet 7pm Rod Laver. (really looking forward to this!)

We shall also try to catch a couple of people training & I think we are bringing a few more people in with us.

Anyway, I am sunburnt (still & more) & wrecked, so it's time for bed!

Shall update tomorrow!

Go Andy! :)

pabbers
15-01-2013, 14:53
Fab blog and so pleased you had such fun.

cazza99
15-01-2013, 16:35
Brilliant blog :)

What will you do if Andy plays Monfils in the fourth round? :big grin: :taz::skippy:

Linda
15-01-2013, 18:32
What will you do if Andy plays Monfils in the fourth round?

Maybe some of them will support Andy and some will support Gael! They could be GADY or ANEL or something!!!!!!

patmoren
15-01-2013, 18:47
Thanks Shane, that was great. Hope you have as good a day today.

VamosVixs
15-01-2013, 18:51
I was just saying on twitter that I was not getting to hear you sing as Eurosport kept on going to the ad breaks at changeovers and 1 minute later the camera was on you and there you all were singing away!!! Great job! :thumbup:

Linda
15-01-2013, 19:34
Yes, the ad breaks are really annoying, aren't they! :grrr: Just think, if Rafa were playing we'd be missing the shirt changes! :lol:

Thanks for your blog, Shane, sounds like you're having a great time :thumbup:

JAMES4578
15-01-2013, 19:56
Glad you all had a great time Shane, informative and entertaining blog! Andy certainly was on song and a gutsy win for Gael would've made you happy too!

RoastLamb
15-01-2013, 21:09
What a great blog!!! The commies and cameras really love you guys btw. Cheer on Danny for me will ya!

cazza99
15-01-2013, 21:28
Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2262926/Australian-Open-2013-Andy-Murray-styled-Crocodile-Dunblane-Robin-Haase-victory.html?ito=feeds-newsxml) - Crocodile Andy bares his teeth in Melbourne as poster star of the Australian Open begins campaign with first-round cruise

There is a great picture of the ANDY boys if you scroll down a bit.

Manaus
15-01-2013, 21:30
Great read, thanks for blogging Shane. :thumbup:
Saw (and heard :)) you guys a number of times during Andy's match.

AussieAndyFan
15-01-2013, 22:26
Well Gael should be coming up against Simon in the 3rd round so that will be a pretty tough match for him.

supergran
15-01-2013, 23:21
Thanks Shane..great blog as always. Looking forward to more and seeing you all on the TV.:thanks::skippy:

AussieAndyFan
16-01-2013, 12:53
Day 3

Day 3 started with another early wake up at about 9am & we ended up getting into Melbourne Park about 11ish I think.

We had a long, long wait until the games we were following were on. Fortunately for us, we were able to kill some time at practice sessions, watching a few players having a hit up & muck around a little. We instantly regretted coming in so early as we still had so much time to kill.

As I mentioned in my Day 2 writeup, we had 2 doubles games & a singles game on in the afternoon. We expected the day to be hectic, but we didn't expect all 3 games to clash :( So we were back & forwards at the start between Roger-Vasselin & Bhupathi/Nestor. Unfortunately we were unable to get to the Bryan's game because the court was packed & there was literally not 1 spare seat!

We managed to watch the first 2 sets of the Roger-Vasselin match, before heading off to see Nestor/Bhupathi make quick work of their Round 1 match, to then return to the fourth set of the ER-V game. He was playing well down 2 sets to 1, and had a few chances but the match went to a tiebreak in the fourth. A dubious, late overrule on a serve from Benneateau, which disrupted momentum late in the tiebreak was enough to see of ER-V for the match. These two are actually playing together in doubles tomorrow which should be fun to watch.

From there it was straight to Rod Laver to see Alize against Venus. We knew it would be tough but we were also quietly confident that Alize would trouble Venus. At times, Alize was looking great, breaking Venus, but unable to hold serve the following game. Venus took the first 6-3. The second set was much the same with Alize breaking, only to be broken to love the following game. Venus won the match 6-3 6-3.

So for now, it is 11:51pm, I am tired & have a headache. Tomorrow is going to be 39 degrees!!! :( :( But, we have tickets to Hisense!! :)

We have a few things to do tomorrow:

-Andy's match :)
-Gael's match
-Bryan's training
-Alize's doubles
-ER-V's doubles

I think that is all... goodnight!

cazza99
16-01-2013, 13:12
:thanks: Looking forward to hearing you tomorrow!!!!!!!

patmoren
16-01-2013, 13:12
Another great day and blog Shane, regards to you all.

pabbers
16-01-2013, 13:31
Thanks and sleep well!

Caro
16-01-2013, 14:28
I hope you all have super strong sun screen for that 39 degree heat! Don't know how you cope without a hat! It takes a dedicated fan to be out in that sun, and you guys are definately that!!

Take care and looking forward to hearing your support in all Andy's matches. So happy for you that you got a mention in his presser. You deserve it!

RoastLamb
16-01-2013, 16:33
Awesome blog!!! I think you brought some much-needed luck to D&M.

Hope you lot don't get heatstroke. Take care!!!

hfwardhouse
16-01-2013, 17:27
Love the blog - and saw you a few times yesterday - cheer extra loud for Andy tomorrow!

supergran
16-01-2013, 23:12
Take care in the heat. Look forward to seeing and hearing you at Andy's match.:skippy::skippy::skippy::skippy:

cazza99
17-01-2013, 10:56
Hope it wasn't too hot for you guys.

The ANDY BOYS made the Daily Mail again :)

Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2263734/Australian-Open-2013-Andy-Murray-beats-Joao-Sousa.html)- Murray races to straight-sets victory over Sousa as Brit sends out warning to rivals

Also when Eurosport are doing a roundup showing very short summaries of some of the matches, the ANDY BOYS are shown then.

dewster99
17-01-2013, 11:21
one year I have to go to the AO. Always wanted to go to Aus and it seems the most attractive of the other slams to me. Just a question of money and time. NY looks good as well just a shame I don't feel so enamored by the French which happens to be the closest!

Elenive
17-01-2013, 12:08
You guys are shown on the highlights video of Andy's match on the AO website :thumbup:

Jan62
17-01-2013, 14:18
Great work again by the Andy Boys. Hope you did not melt in the heat today. Looking forward to your next blog.

AussieAndyFan
18-01-2013, 07:54
Day 4

The day that I dreaded... 39 degrees!!!

The day was pretty quiet in the end as we were unable to get to both doubles match's & couldn't manage to see the Bryan's training.

We got there about 11ish and were keen for a good day, with Andy up second on Hisense it looked a treat! :)

We got to our seats at the end of the court, and they were pretty good seats to be honest, great view of the court without having to turn our necks every point! As you all obviously know he raced through the match, as expected. We didn't quite chant as much as we liked as Hisense and Rod Laver now do loud advertisements over the big screen during game breaks which was pretty frustrating, but we still belted a few out, including 3 new ones which i'm hoping Andy noticed!! ;)

From there we hung around outside for a little bit & chatted to a few different people as well as doing an interview with Eurosport which was pretty cool! Unfortunately 2 of the boys had to take off and we were only left with 2 people for the Gael game, which meant we couldn't cheer for him. We still went in & watched a little bit but it wasn't the same.

A few beers later & a few more beers after that we were done for the day :)

Sallydaisy
18-01-2013, 09:24
Glad you got to see Andy play, you were on TV again a lot and there's a great piccy of you that Judy tweeted!
Thanks for updating us again!

cazza99
18-01-2013, 11:12
judy murray ‏@judmoo

The Boys Are Back In Town. Yep, the Murray Barmy Army. Love them. #ausopen pic.twitter.com/GQqPhke2
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAyZYeBCIAE5yuf.jpg:large

cazza99
18-01-2013, 11:32
Daily Record (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/andy-murray-wont-follow-sexier-1542791) - Andy Murray insists he won't be following sexier shorts trend as temperatures soar in Melbourne
piccy of Andy boys at the bottom

supergran
18-01-2013, 13:19
Thanks. You are becoming quite famous now. The muppets in the studio even mention you as well as tweets from @judmoo. Hope you enjoy Andy's next round match.

traveller7
18-01-2013, 13:44
Great reading your blog as always. Keep up the good work,

AussieAndyFan
20-01-2013, 07:56
It's been a while, have been very busy the last few days!

Day 5

This was to be one of the quieter days of the Open, we only had the Bryan's match on & because we missed their first match, we were very keen.

The match was third on Show Court 2, which meant we could sleep in and enjoy the later start! Show Court 2 is great, because like Margaret Court, the crowd is very vocal & the court has seating all the way around. Perfect for cheering!!

We got to the match a tad late because the lines were long & we needed 4 seats together. We eventually got in & chanted at every single break throughout the second set, which we loved!! (the breaks on the outside court are better because there is no advertisements drowning out the noise) It got to the final break in the 2nd set & we weren't going to chant, but Seppi (one of the opponents) stood up and told us to yell out 1 more song, the whole crowd then started cheering us on to do one more. So we did do one more, & the crowd started laughing when they found out it was for the Bryan's. That has definitely been one of the highlights so far!! :)

Stuck around for a little while before heading off!

AussieAndyFan
20-01-2013, 08:08
Day 6

Super Saturday....

Two of the boys had cricket, thus we had to get replacements for the Andy match.

We had Nestor/Bhupathi up first which was packed. This Saturday every year is always chockers so I think most courts were full which was good, but it's nice when it's a bit quiet as we can walk around a bit more freely if that makes sense! The match was frustrating to watch at times as their opponents were getting a few flukey points here & there but I guess that's just Tennis. That match finished & we met up with the other boys before Andy's match.

Our seats were great, right by Murray's box which made us feel a little uncomfortable at times because they were no doubt in their zone, but we did manage to get a smile out of a few of them which was good :) Unfortunately, we did not have a lot of sunscreen & we were in the sun the whole time which took its toll on my shoulders!

We all know how that match went and on to the fourth round it was!

Following that match, we didn't have a heap on, so we just did our usual stuff like walking around to different people/courts. A few beers later and we were off to a friend's place before a night out on the town!

AussieAndyFan
20-01-2013, 08:15
Day 7

Have finally caught up to the present!

Another early start this morning with the Bryan's being the only match on today so we made this one a quick one so we could catch up on some sleep tonight! They were 2nd on Hisense & we had great seats just behind the court & in the shade. The Bryan's are always fun to cheer for as they show their appreciation & laugh a bit here and there. It was 3 long sets in which I think was about 2 & a half hours. We didn't chant a whole lot which I regret, because we were a bit all over the place trying to help a few people out. The main thing was they won in 3 sets. The were getting very frustrated at times which I haven't really seen before but i'm sure with the win now they will be all focused on the next match!

We then went to watch a few people train & just have a general chat to them. By this stage it was about 5 o'clock & we decided to call it a day!

Fingers crossed we can get into Murray's match tomorrow!!

lynne
20-01-2013, 08:57
Great blog Shane and thanks so much for taking the time to post and best of luck for getting into Andy's match.....somehow I think you will manage that ;).......ENJOY!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

JAMES4578
20-01-2013, 11:36
More great reports Shane,realise things may have been a bit hectic! Always good to see some doubles too! Whilst can't see Andy having too much trouble with Simon the guys support would be most valuable so hope you do indeed get tickets!

pabbers
20-01-2013, 12:41
Thanks, Shane. Gosh you're becoming quite famous. We'll all be sending for your autograph soon :worship: :lol:

cazza99
20-01-2013, 14:06
:thanks: Shane. :lol: at Seppi requesting another chant for the Bryans.

Linda
20-01-2013, 14:07
Maybe he didn't hear what they were chanting and thought the ANDY was for him!

cazza99
20-01-2013, 22:22
Daily Record (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/tennis/andy-murray-says-hes-been-1546244) - Andy Murray says he's been a perfect 10 in the Australian Open so far
piccy of ANDY Boys in this

xenon21
20-01-2013, 23:51
Awesome blog Shane! Love the fact that Seppi asked for one more chant! Even more that it wasn't for him! :rolling:

cazza99
21-01-2013, 11:47
Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2265720/Andy-Murray-beats-Gilles-Simon-reach-Australian-Open-quarter-finals.html) - Murray marches on in Melbourne as Brit batters Simon to reach last eight
piccy of the ANDY boys

Caro
21-01-2013, 13:55
Yes, you guys are definately famous!! The commies on Eurosport are always mentioning you and then Andy got asked about you in his on court interview, and thanked you for your support. You must be so happy, I know I would be!

You were worried about getting in to the Simon match, did Andy / Judy sort out tickets for you? Hope they do the same for all the matches from now on. You deserve it.

cazza99
21-01-2013, 19:17
The Age (http://www.theage.com.au/sport/tennis/murray-cruises-into-open-quarterfinals-20130121-2d35i.html)- Murray cruises into Open quarter-finals
piccy of the ANDY boys

AussieAndyFan
21-01-2013, 23:06
Yes, you guys are definately famous!! The commies on Eurosport are always mentioning you and then Andy got asked about you in his on court interview, and thanked you for your support. You must be so happy, I know I would be!

You were worried about getting in to the Simon match, did Andy / Judy sort out tickets for you? Hope they do the same for all the matches from now on. You deserve it.

It felt so good getting mentioned & thanked by Andy!

Yes, fortunately for us, they were able to help us out again. The effort they go to for us is actually incredible :)

AussieAndyFan
21-01-2013, 23:19
Day 8

What a day this was!!

After staying up to unfortunately watch Novak win, it was an 8.30am wake up, so only meant about 6-7 hours of sleep! Then got picked up & went and picked up all the boys and we were en route to the Open!

We got in early and had Roger-Vasselin's doubles first up! They were a bit hit & miss and couldn't quite put a full game together and went down in the end. We did a few songs here & there for him to which he was laughing & smiling & giving us the thumbs up which is always good :)

We had a match break then, to walk around everywhere, played a little bit of mini tennis & spoke to our mates working in one of the activity tents.

Back to Show Court 2 for Bhupathi & Nestor's doubles game. We were asked to get a bit more vocal by their coach for this game so we were keen to get into it :) We chanted at a few breaks & the crowd seemed to enjoy it but unfortunately it didn't help their match as they lost in 3 sets :( They are 2 of our favourite players so we were a bit down after the game & it was only about 30 mins until the Murray match so we made our way over & had a beer before the match.

You all know what happened from here on, our seats were right behind Andy's players area which left us a bit uncomfortable as we may have been a bit loud for the coaches who would much rather be focusing on the match, but it was great nonetheless :)

It was incredible to be mentioned & thanked by not only Andy in the on-court interview, but also the crowd who gave us a big cheer! That hasn't happened at an Andy match before I don't think so we absolutely loved it! We walked straight outside & got stopped for a few photos before walking over to the Heineken Beer Garden to see the night off. There was so, so many vocal Scots in there who gave us a big cheer when we walked in & we were all chanting & dancing around for probably 20-30 mins! (probably to little delight from the people already in there trying to enjoy the game on the big screen)

Got to chat to heaps of them & they are all great people, most who have made the trip across. They all love the atmosphere, the Grand Slam and also the beer!!

The night wrapped up about 11.00 from memory and from there it was the walk back to the car & some sleep :)

MurrayAOne
21-01-2013, 23:20
Sounds great. Such excellent support! Marvelous to see during the matches!!!

Sallydaisy
21-01-2013, 23:23
You're doing a fantastic job and everyone appreciates - here, at the AO and the players too!!! Hope you've caught up a bit on sleep and have a great time today. Also, fingers crossed you can get onto RLA on Wednesday to cheer for Andy!!!

Thanks so much for the updates; it's brilliant for those of us who cannot be there. If you're ever over here we'll buy you a beer or ten!
:skippy:

JAMES4578
21-01-2013, 23:28
Fabulous you were centre stage so to speak and maybe the coaches wouldn't mind too much if it spurred Andy on ;) You were all awesome again,great you were there!

ljs
22-01-2013, 00:02
Im so jealous Shane , wish I was there .
The Australian is my favourite slam

lynne
22-01-2013, 07:38
Once again Shane.....:thanks: for sharing.....look forward to more blogs!!!!!:thumbup:

cazza99
22-01-2013, 10:26
:thanks: the great blog Shane.

Keep the songs coming :)

pabbers
22-01-2013, 12:47
Thanks, Shane - we hang onto your every word - makes it seem more real. How time flies though, can't believe you're all old enough to drink beer now!

AussieAndyFan
22-01-2013, 13:28
Day 9

:( slowly finishing up!

Well the only match we had on today was Bhupathi's doubles, which allowed us a much needed late start to catch up on some sleep & to rest a hangover or two!

The day began about 10.30ish & we were into the Tennis about 12.30ish from memory. It was such a quiet day, with a very small crowd, which meant we could catch up on some Mini Tennis :) They have a court this year which is about double the size as the smaller ones which allows for better rallies & more shot-playing (by the way, how cool am I, analysing mini tennis & its courts!) So we played a fair few games of that, Nick winning all against me & Nathan, with me beating Nathan once.

From there it was to Bhupathi's match, he was pairing up with Nadia Petrova & they were up against Katerina Srebotnik & Nenad Zimonjic. Our man got smashed in the first set, but fought back to win the 2nd set & eventually the match tie break in the third!

We basically took off straight after & went back to a mates place and played non stop tennis until about half an hour ago when we decided it was home time.

For tomorrow we have the Bryans & Andy! We aren't too sure if they can help us out with Andy yet, but hopefully we get lucky once again & are able to come into the match, otherwise I'm just as happy to chant along in Garden Square or the Beer Garden :)

Jan62
22-01-2013, 13:54
Really hope you get in to Andy's match again. You guys are doing a great job. I only managed to listen to Andy's match v Simon on the radio on my way to work but you were coming across loud and clear even on that. Loving the blogs too, keep up the good work.:thumbup:

pabbers
22-01-2013, 16:32
Got my fingers crossed for you guys!

cazza99
22-01-2013, 18:06
:thanks: for more blogging.

Good luck- hope you manage to get tickets :)

RoastLamb
22-01-2013, 19:23
Awesome blog! Yes, I was down after Mahesh and Danny lost too. What great memories you'll all have.

Caro
22-01-2013, 21:47
They have to get you tickets! Andy needs you!!

traveller7
22-01-2013, 21:49
Hope you get to see him guys!

hfwardhouse
22-01-2013, 22:12
Have a great day guys - hope you get in to see Andy!

cazza99
22-01-2013, 22:27
The Slice ‏@TheSliceTweets

The ANDY cheer squad needs help... RT @ShaneBullen: Doesn't look like we can get into Andy's match today :( Garden Square here we come!

Sallydaisy
22-01-2013, 22:38
There's tickets for RLA available but the lads are missing the $130 each to buy them.
:sad:

traveller7
22-01-2013, 22:39
Just seen that tweet - great shame for them

Linda
22-01-2013, 22:40
I bet if they did some busking they would soon get the money!

supergran
22-01-2013, 23:16
Thanks for great blog. Do hope you get to see Andy.....someone has to get you boys tickets, you are needed!! Good luck!:thumbup::skippy:

Caro
23-01-2013, 04:29
Don't know how to copy a tweet on to here but just heard from Shane on twitter that Andy's team have come up trumps with tickets for the Andy boys! Woo hoo :boogie::boogie::boogie:

traveller7
23-01-2013, 04:45
thats fab!

Jan62
23-01-2013, 13:31
So pleased you got in to the match. Please say you have tickets for the semi?? Andy needs you, and we need you to be REALLY loud to drown out the Fed fans ;)

cazza99
23-01-2013, 14:04
Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2266805/Australian-Open-2013-Andy-Murray-beats-Jeremy-Chardy-6-4-6-1-6-2-reach-semi-finals.html)- No sweat for Murray as Brit breezes past Chardy to reach semis in Melbourne
piccy of ANDY boys.

supergran
23-01-2013, 14:57
Fantastic that you got to the match. Well done Team Murray.

patmoren
23-01-2013, 16:26
Look forward to your chants at Andys matches in OZ. Gives him some real support so far from home. Thanks .

Caro
23-01-2013, 21:19
We wait with baited breath to see if they come up trumps again with tickets for the semi .... Come on team Murray, these boys are doing our Andy proud!!

Looking forward to the next blog instalment .....

AussieAndyFan
24-01-2013, 08:17
Day 10

Alrighty!

So I am sure as a few of you know, we were in doubt of being able to get tickets for the Andy match, which was fine with us, because we were happy to watch the game in Garden Square, something a bit different :)

First up we had the Bryan's match on Margaret Court! The boys got through this relatively easy & we were chanting away :) They gave us 2 towels in the end which was pretty cool, as they through them into the crowd & then made sure they got to us!

From here, we were just planning on walking around for a bit before settling in to watch the game, before we got a message saying there were tickets for us!!! Our mood instantly changed & we were all instantly happier!! Honestly, we are so, so lucky to be able to have the people that are in Andy's team being the ones who are looking after us, they are incredible!!

So we all know how Andy's match ended up, a comfortable, impressive win in the end :) From here it was out into Garden Square where we had a live interview which was shown on the big screen all over the complex which was pretty cool, we even did a chant at the end which attracted a bit of a crowd :)

We met up with a bunch of Scots and had a bit to drink whilst listening to the live band they had on offer before a night out on the town :)

AussieAndyFan
24-01-2013, 08:32
Day 11

A quietish day for us today! We were lucky to get tickets into the Bryan's match first up on Rod Laver... a tough first two sets before the Bryan's ran over the top of Bolleli/Fognini in the 3rd set, which booked their place in the final on Sat night!!

The whole complex was extremely quiet today so we had time to play A LOT of mini tennis! Along with that eating up some time, we met up with a Scottish bloke called Sen. He comes every year & is a huge Murray fan, he was lucky enough to be at the US Final last year which he said was just awesome! So envious!!

We then had Bob Bryan's mixed doubles followed by Mahesh Bhupathi's mixed doubles, we didn't chant for either as the temperature was about 35? degrees I think and the boys wanted to sit in the sun! Way too hot!

We stuck around to watch Azarenka beat Stephens in the 2nd set... Not too happy about the injury timeout that was called at the end there either!!

Anyway, apologies if the last two have been a tad short, I'm in a bit of a rush before a night out!

We don't have tickets at the moment for Andy's match tomorrow, but hopefully, hopefully we get lucky again!

AussieAndyFan
24-01-2013, 08:49
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151365244217044.508755.695227043&type=3

That is a link to an album of photos I have for the Open :) Hope the link works!!

hfwardhouse
24-01-2013, 09:14
Thanks Shane - great pics! Hope you're lucky with tickets again tomorrow!

Caro
24-01-2013, 09:16
It doesn't work for me Shane :-(

Really, really hope Team Murray sort you out tickets for the semi. Should be an awesome match but I for one will be very nervous!!

Caro
24-01-2013, 09:23
Went to Facebook and accessed the photos from there. There's some really good ones. The press sure like snapping you guys!!

cazza99
24-01-2013, 11:04
:thanks: for the great blog Shane.

Brilliant pictures :clap:

Elenive
24-01-2013, 14:12
Epic pictures man!

Really jealous of you guys!! Really great that you got tickets, really hope you get them for friday :yahoo:

Jan62
24-01-2013, 14:14
So jealous of you guys. Really hope Team Murray sort you out tickets again for the semi. Thanks for the great blog and brilliant pictures.

RoastLamb
24-01-2013, 21:11
Great photos! I love how the audience claps for you when you're finished too. At first I thought it was for the players then realized it's for you! Awesome!

supergran
24-01-2013, 23:23
Great blogs and fantastic photos. You are Famous!!

traveller7
24-01-2013, 23:26
Great thanks, hope you get tickets for tonight!

JAMES4578
24-01-2013, 23:51
Fabulus photos Shane and you are all really making your mark! You've had a ball and hopefully you'll get to the Andy/Fed final, sure your presence would be most welcome! Let's hope Andy has plenty of fans and produces an inspired performance!

Sallydaisy
25-01-2013, 00:03
Thanks so much for the blogs and especially the photos!!!
Hope you manage to get into RLA tonight but I'm guessing it'd be a sell-out.
You'll appear on telly somewhere somehow ...
:no worries:

cazza99
25-01-2013, 11:10
Shane Bullen ‏@ShaneBullen

Looks like we are cheering on Andy from the Beer Garden tonight! Come on Andy!!

@RipKaz44 we can't get into rod laver but will be in the beer garden cheering him on!!

JAMES4578
25-01-2013, 11:25
Hadn't seen them so had a feeling that was the case. What a pity, still they should still have good atmopsphere!

pabbers
25-01-2013, 13:55
Just relieved you guys didn't turn out to be Andy's lucky mascots.........I was afraid you might be and that your absence would spell doom!

supergran
25-01-2013, 22:58
just relieved you guys didn't turn out to be andy's lucky mascots.........i was afraid you might be and that your absence would spell doom!superstitious rubbish!!:cauldron::whistle::skippy:

AussieAndyFan
26-01-2013, 01:37
Day 12

What a night!

We went into Melbourne about 2pm with a hope of being able to get into Rod Laver, we knew it was going to be tough, but we were staying positive :)

Plenty & plenty of Mini Tennis was played, against each other & the workers, with some mixed results! There was already an awesome atmosphere around the complex & it was great to be apart of!

The time was now about 6.30 & we got an email saying unfortunately tickets couldn't be arranged for the match, we didn't mind because we were settled into the Beer Garden & surrounded by a group of Scots who had come together for the match. The atmosphere in the Garden was awesome, we were chanting & throwing some banter back & forth with some Federer 'fans'. I say 'fans' because they were just another ordinary person, not dressed up, not face-painted, just trying to get a response out of us!

As soon as Murray won, we all got up & ran to the front just below the big screen & all started chanting whatever we could think of! A little one we were singing was to the tune of Swedish House Mafia - Don't You Worry Child... "Don't you worry, don't you worry Andy. The final's got a place for you. Don't you worry, don't you worry Andy, yeeeaaahhh!!" :lol:

From there it was much of the same, chanting, singing & dancing around until we got told to move on because they were closing!

An incredible night it was... we have the Bryan's Final tonight which will be awesome. But tomorrow night is the big one!

xenon21
26-01-2013, 13:06
Hey Shane
Jonathan overand from radio 5 live has tweeted you asking you to DM him to see if you can come on radio. Would be great iif you go on so we can all hear you :)

cazza99
26-01-2013, 13:10
The ANDY boys will be busy supporting the Bryans in their doubles final at the moment.

Linda
26-01-2013, 13:12
The dubs final has already finished!

AussieAndyFan
26-01-2013, 14:44
Incredible night.

RoastLamb
26-01-2013, 20:34
I heard them chanting during the dubs final.

cazza99
26-01-2013, 23:31
I have just been watching Eurosport's "Game Set and Mats" from Friday, a 30 minute summary program, recorded near the end of the day. You could hardly hear the presenters some of the time because of all the chanting and singing in the background. I think it was the ANDY boys. :)

AussieAndyFan
26-01-2013, 23:54
Day 13

What a night it was!!

Myself & Sam (A), spent the day watching Nick (D) at cricket whilst having a few drinks, this was Nick's first match of cricket in years and he made 62.... only 36 more than my highest ever score!!

Anyway, it wrapped up about 6 so we went back to a mates for a bit before making our way into the Tennis for the Bryan's Final. We got there just in time for the end of the match & the presentation, Li Na, had a whole lot more support in the match, I think due to Viki's timeout in her previous match!

Just before the Bryan's match began, Bob's wife said to us we need to cheer for Mike a little bit more! So our first chant at the first break was directed towards Mike, which drew a laugh out of the nearby players box. From there on both boys just cruised, we gave them pretty much all of our chants & the boys won in straight sets.

After the match was without doubt my highlight of the open so far... They were walking around getting photos with the trophy, when they came towards where we were sitting & asked security if we could come down on court for photos with them! Unfortunately, security didn't allow it, so the boys jumped up on some chairs to get as close as possible & got photos taken with us, which I shall post up later :)

They thanked us, but not before saying "I guess we'll see you next year? Unless you boys come to the states.... you do flights, we'll do tickets!" The whole match & end of the match was awesome! Getting attention from them like that, and more importantly seeing them win their 13th Grand Slam & 6th Aus Open.

All in all, it was just a surreal night.

We are heading in a bit later today, it has been pouring rain over night so hopefully it clears up a little bit. Jonathan Overend from 5live tweeted me asking to set up an interview I think, so we shall try & chase that down. We are almost certainly in the Beer Garden tonight so will try & get a huge area of support for Andy.

So excited, a tad nervous!

RoastLamb
26-01-2013, 23:57
Wow! Aren't they brilliant for offering you tix to the states!!! Fantastic.

Sallydaisy
27-01-2013, 00:06
Day 13

What a night it was!!

Myself & Sam (A), spent the day watching Nick (D) at cricket whilst having a few drinks, this was Nick's first match of cricket in years and he made 62.... only 36 more than my highest ever score!!

Anyway, it wrapped up about 6 so we went back to a mates for a bit before making our way into the Tennis for the Bryan's Final. We got there just in time for the end of the match & the presentation, Li Na, had a whole lot more support in the match, I think due to Viki's timeout in her previous match!

Just before the Bryan's match began, Bob's wife said to us we need to cheer for Mike a little bit more! So our first chant at the first break was directed towards Mike, which drew a laugh out of the nearby players box. From there on both boys just cruised, we gave them pretty much all of our chants & the boys won in straight sets.

After the match was without doubt my highlight of the open so far... They were walking around getting photos with the trophy, when they came towards where we were sitting & asked security if we could come down on court for photos with them! Unfortunately, security didn't allow it, so the boys jumped up on some chairs to get as close as possible & got photos taken with us, which I shall post up later :)

They thanked us, but not before saying "I guess we'll see you next year? Unless you boys come to the states.... you do flights, we'll do tickets!" The whole match & end of the match was awesome! Getting attention from them like that, and more importantly seeing them win their 13th Grand Slam & 6th Aus Open.

All in all, it was just a surreal night.

We are heading in a bit later today, it has been pouring rain over night so hopefully it clears up a little bit. Jonathan Overend from 5live tweeted me asking to set up an interview I think, so we shall try & chase that down. We are almost certainly in the Beer Garden tonight so will try & get a huge area of support for Andy.

So excited, a tad nervous!
What a brilliant offer from the Bryans!!!
There are loads of photos of you guys out on the net so I hope you catch them.
And we're really looking forward to seeing yours too.

Hope you have an AWESOME day tomorrow - make some noise!!!
:dance:

cazza99
27-01-2013, 00:09
Looking forward to hearing you tonight!!! You'll have to shout louder if you are in the beer garden. :)
And at the US Open!!!!!!!!

xenon21
27-01-2013, 00:24
Wow! That sounds like an amzing experience! So sweet of the Bryan Bros. Could you not have asked them about Wimbly too ;)

AussieAndyFan
27-01-2013, 05:27
We have tickets!!! :)

Genbrit
27-01-2013, 05:36

Yay!!!!!

cazza99
27-01-2013, 08:25
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

Hope you get some sleep. I guess it was after 4.00 am when you posted that.

JAMES4578
27-01-2013, 08:25

Awesome, have a great time! Hopefully it is a good omen.

traveller7
27-01-2013, 08:47
So pleased for you hope its the result we all want.

supergran
27-01-2013, 14:22
Judy just tweeted her thanks to them for support and ended with "same again next year". Sorry I don't know how to send tweets to here.

Sallydaisy
27-01-2013, 14:35
It's a copy and paste job SG.

judy murray ‏@judmoo (https://twitter.com/judmoo) @ShaneBullen (https://twitter.com/ShaneBullen) thanks for gr8 support guys. U were awesome and so much fun! Same again next year? :-) x

Bardot
27-01-2013, 17:28
I heard the Andy Boys on 5 Live this morning before the final with John Inverdale. They performed a medley of their greatest hits. Great job lads:clap:

Is it just a coincidence that Dani Vallverdu (who's rarely on twitter) actually tweeted a youtube video of SHM's "Don't you worry child" yesterday or is it the Andy Boy's influence? ;)

cazza99
27-01-2013, 18:16
judy murray ‏@judmoo

@ShaneBullen thanks for gr8 support guys. U were awesome and so much fun! Same again next year? :-) x

@judmoo no thank you!! Best 2 weeks of my life! Of course we will, hoping to head to an overseas slam sometime in the near future too! :)

Caro
27-01-2013, 18:29
It's been a fantastic 2 weeks - thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We are all sad Andy lost but bring on the rest of the year. hope you make it to USO ... or Wimby!

cazza99
27-01-2013, 19:31
Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2268997/Andy-Murray-left-broken-Djokovic-loses-Australian-Open-final-sets-one.html) - Andy Murray left broken by Djokovic as he loses Australian Open final by three sets to one
includes piccy of the ANDY boys

cazza99
27-01-2013, 19:32
:thanks: to the ANDY boys for all the cheering. Looking forward to hearing you all from some other grand slams too!!!!!!

RoastLamb
27-01-2013, 20:12
Fantastic you got tix to the final. I did hear you altho didn't see you.

pabbers
27-01-2013, 20:57
Well done boys!

supergran
27-01-2013, 23:22
:thumbup:Well done to all of you. Glad you had a fantastic time and were so lucky with tickets. How wonderful of the Bryans to offer you tickets for the US Open. Thanks for blogs and photographs and hope to see you next year.....obvious that Andy and Team Murray appreciated your support.:thanks::clap::skippy:

AussieAndyFan
28-01-2013, 00:48
Day 14

The day started with Nick picking me up, and we were planning on heading in to the grounds about 4pm for some early beers. It was then, at about 2pm, we got an email saying there were tickets available for us! Our mood instantly changed and we were up & about and went to pick Nathan up halfway through his Cricket function because he was also so excited, he could not care for the function anymore.

So we got into the grounds at about 4pm, and immediately met up with the Scots to tell them the good news :) Sam (A) came in about 5 o'clock and we went to do a few interviews with 5Live, BBC & an interview that was screened live all over Melbourne Park. We were meant to do an interview with Sky Sports UK, but unfortunately lost track of time & then it was time to head in.

It was great atmosphere to be apart of, & whilst you may not have heard/seen us too often, we were yelling out & chanting a lot :)

It seemed to us that the crowd was slightly in favour of Andy, but the Serbs were vocal when they had to be.

The unfortunate thing about a Final like this is you'll get the idiots who yell out during points/serves just to get their voice heard on TV.

After the match we were all gutted, but so proud. I think we were more so upset that the 2 weeks had officially come to an end & we wouldn't be in there right now :(

But as I have said before, this was easily the best 2 weeks of my life, thank you all for the support, it is unbelievable hearing/having people come up to us & say we are famous in Britain & saying we have been seen/heard all over the world. One of the best, yet strangest feelings ever!! :)

I will try to stay more in touch throughout the year :) xo

hfwardhouse
28-01-2013, 09:27
:thanks: Shane - saw you guys on tv yesterday during the final - was so pleased you'd managed to get in again!!! Thank you for sharing your experiences with us - it helps bring the tournament alive for those of us watching on a TV far away!

cazza99
28-01-2013, 15:41
:thanks: Shane.

VamosVixs
28-01-2013, 17:14
:thanks: Shane. Been an amazing fortnight, hopefully same again next year! :thumbup:

JAMES4578
29-01-2013, 07:20
Thanks for all the reports Shane which were terrific,you certainly all had a blast! Marvellous you got tickets for the final and it must have been some experience,just a pity you didn't see Andy coming out on top. However, he is a slam champion and sure glory can come again!

Linda
30-01-2013, 16:32
:thanks: Shane. Glad you all had such a wonderful time :)

AussieAndyFan
11-02-2013, 22:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZRnoCHgY0M

Found a video of us cheering for the Bryan's!! :)

JAMES4578
12-02-2013, 23:32
Fabulous, good to hear you in all in great voice!

patmoren
13-02-2013, 16:59
Well done Shane, entertaining the crowd as well!!

supergran
14-02-2013, 15:21
Great!!:clap::thumbup: