PDA

View Full Version : Just Giving. Raising money for The PSP Association

supergran
16-06-2017, 18:36
As I won't be celebrating my birthday next Thursday in the usual way...with Alan.... decided on the spur of the moment to host a fund-raising evening at home to raise money for the little known condition that is Progressive Supranuclear Palsy. So I will have company, a few drinks and a catch-up with friends while raising much needed money for PSP. A Just Giving Page has also been set up but I can't do links, sorry. Just thought I'd let you all know the lengths I will go to for a party.
:help:
:party::party:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/maureen-stewart-jones

Alis
16-06-2017, 19:23
I'd be happy to donate SG - can one of our very clever computer people build a link to your Just Giving page perhaps?

Hawkeye
16-06-2017, 19:35
Done.

Alis
16-06-2017, 20:49
Thank you, Hawkeye.

WimbledonWestie
16-06-2017, 20:51
Will sort my donation over the weekend- and will toast the events success when I'm n London for queen's!

supergran
16-06-2017, 21:26
Thanks Ronnie, you clever boy!:thanks:

WimbledonWestie
16-06-2017, 22:58
Done... thought I better honour my promise before the weekend disappears. Staff leaving my work like a leaky tap- every time I turn round my list of goodbye gifts to shop for expands. And since I'm gallivanting to Queens next week I better get a wriggle on ... Can I advise everyone to invest in Kleenex shares- they are going to be much used over next 2 weeks!

supergran
17-06-2017, 09:07
Thanks so much WW. Appreciate your kindness.

patlowe
22-06-2017, 07:24
As I won't be celebrating my birthday next Thursday in the usual way...with Alan.... decided on the spur of the moment to host a fund-raising evening at home to raise money for the little known condition that is Progressive Supranuclear Palsy. So I will have company, a few drinks and a catch-up with friends while raising much needed money for PSP. A Just Giving Page has also been set up but I can't do links, sorry. Just thought I'd let you all know the lengths I will go to for a party.
:help:
:party::party:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/maureen-stewart-jones

Happy birthday Maureen. Have a lovely day with your friends while raising funds for PSP. Looking forward to hearing about it later.:party:

clancy
22-06-2017, 11:28
I have a friend whose husband has this disease (does it only affect men?) so I give to her fund-raising efforts on a regular basis. Like Maureen, it has affected her life drastically and she is grateful for friends' support. This is a lovely idea and sure it will be a great success. x

supergran
24-06-2017, 14:22
Many thanks to my friends on the forum for donations, gifts for the raffle, lovely messages, birthday cards and gifts. The total to date is 1,098.04. I am so thrilled with this amount and so thankful to those who have shown love for us by donating. Still time to give to this little known charity to help with research and support. Every 1 helps. :thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

supergran
09-07-2017, 21:24
I have a friend whose husband has this disease (does it only affect men?) so I give to her fund-raising efforts on a regular basis. Like Maureen, it has affected her life drastically and she is grateful for friends' support. This is a lovely idea and sure it will be a great success. x

I sympathise with your friend and her husband clancy. It does seem to affect men more than women though there are women living with this condition. According to the PSP Association the majority of sufferers are men over the age of sixty.Has your friend been touch with the Association? There are also forums and support networks available.