PDA

View Full Version : O2 - WTF Semis Day (Short blog)

Speedy Hawk
27-11-2011, 15:15
Thought I do short blog about yesterday (Saturday) semis.

Got everything I need take ready on Thursday cos I be working til 10pm Friday so no time to pack on Friday.

Woke up 7am, double check all my stuff esp ticket, all there so me and Dad ready go, first we need get money from cash machine, buy tickets, some sweets. Train to Kings Cross and it real busy! Normally it quiet on Saturdays. Then tube to o2.

We arrive 11am, went to Fan Zone saw top 8 players lockers. I took photo all 8, taking ages cos people keep blocking my view! Eventually got all 8 photos. Roger and Rafa was hardest to take cos so many people interesting at it. Strangely Murray was easiest to take cos it empty. Look around Fan Zone, see what there, saw Boris Becker with kids on blue court, same last year. We decide t go in for our seats bit earlier, went in and there pizza and got pizza. LUCKY Dad got wireless credit card so man gave us free voucher for tube HEAD tennis balls. We went to end to collect it. :)

Speedy Hawk
27-11-2011, 15:26
Then we found our seats. They are SO scary. I don't like heights at ALL. It was so steep. I had to hold chairs behind me! :rolling: We was up in Level 4! (I will upload photos later).

Saw doubles first, wanted Bryans to win but they lost, oh well. Other team played well.

Saw Roger Federer vs David Ferrer. I enjoy the match and Roger made some real good volleys but both didn't play their best. Roger just did enough to win. Clear view.

Watch Roger speech (don't have clue what he say, shame no subtitles on screen). Then we leave our seats. Decide not go to eat cos I still full from pizza and so is Dad.

Will post evening session later on.

RoastLamb
27-11-2011, 15:51
"Other team played well". :rolling: Poor Danny/Max get no respect. ;)

Speedy Hawk
27-11-2011, 15:56
"Other team played well". :rolling: Poor Danny/Max get no respect. ;)

Lol, I DO like them. It just I like Bryans little more. I hope they do win today cos I like them more than other team (poles).

Speedy Hawk
29-11-2011, 16:22
Afternoon matches finish and we (me and Dad) went to cafe to get drinks, we was surprised to see there little queue for eating everywhere cos last two years everyone rush to queue up to eat and this year it very slow. It wasn't hour later it busy. Strange.

After drinks we went to Fan Zone. I try out press button thing (it taller than me and there white button light up and you press it, 30 secs time limit). This year I got 31, better than most, 1 less than last year, I got 32 last year.

Then I try out nissan 360 camera. There 47 camera in perfect circle above you. You pose with HUGE racket or normal size one. Man will press button take snap, I jumped but I couldn't lipread man so I jumped bit too early cos he snap when I was going down. Here link to photo https://nissan360cam.co.uk/p/2202?id=2202&submit=Submit Let me know if you can see it.

After that I try out Barclay ticket box. There glass/plastic box that you go inside and fan under your feet blow blue and white ticket up in air and you gotta catch blue ones only. Also you not allow bend down. 30secs time limit. I got 14 tickets, not bad cos it 3rd place, 1st was 16, 2nd was 15. I get choose any prize on table and I picked ATP Towel and Tennis Coach Book.

Last game I try was Wii tennis. I was totally rubbish!! Only got 1 point cos I couldn't get it work work properly! I am much more of PS2/PS3 and Xbox player than Wii. Lady didn't tell me how to play.

Then we went inside seat area, Dad got some nachos for him and drink, so he use wireless credit card and got free tube HEAD tennis balls again. Now I got 2! Lol.

Jan
29-11-2011, 18:12
yes,I can see the photo - it's amazing, and also might make you feel quite ill if you stare at it spinning round for too long!!
Glad to hear you had a good time at the O2!

hfwardhouse
29-11-2011, 19:45
Thanks for the blog Sam - it's great so far :thumbup: - 2 free tubes of tennis balls?! That'll be handy then!

Speedy Hawk
29-11-2011, 19:57
Thanks for the blog Sam - it's great so far :thumbup: - 2 free tubes of tennis balls?! That'll be handy then!

Yep. Very few people got wireless credit card and man told Dad they haven't need to refill bin with more tube of tennis balls.

JAMES4578
29-11-2011, 20:03
Glad you had a great time Sam, entertaining blog!

supergran
29-11-2011, 22:57
Thanks Sam...interesting blog and didn't you do well? Was it really scary up high?

KnightOwl
29-11-2011, 23:35
Interesting read, Sam - glad you had such a good time!

Yorkie
29-11-2011, 23:49
Thanks Sam - its great to hear about these visits and I liked the 360 degree photo

Golden Lady
30-11-2011, 08:35
Great read Sam and I'm glad you enjoyed your day, thanks for sharing :flowers:

davech
30-11-2011, 10:01
Thanks for the blog, Sam! Loved the 360 degree photo! :thumbup:

cazza99
30-11-2011, 16:47
Thanks for the blog Sam :):)

Speedy Hawk
30-11-2011, 18:06
Last part is final two matches, doubles and singles. The Poles beat Indian team.

Then Tsonga vs Berdych. Good match (though I much prefer Federer match earlier).

We stay until speech was over and players leave, then we leave to go tube BUT tube doors close cos too many people coming from o2! They open and close doors let small crowd in bit by bit. We was waiting outside about 20 minutes before we finally get inside then towards our tube train!

Arrived home nearly midnight.

Blog over.

Hope you enjoy reading it.

Speedy Hawk
30-11-2011, 18:07
Thanks Sam...interesting blog and didn't you do well? Was it really scary up high?

It SO high and STEEP. The back of seat front of you only about 10cm high from your feet level. If you fall you will be falling loooooooong way down!

Caro
07-12-2011, 13:58
It SO high and STEEP. The back of seat front of you only about 10cm high from your feet level. If you fall you will be falling loooooooong way down!

Yes, I can vouch for that! We sat up in level 4 for 2 sessions last year. It doesn't feel very safe and takes some getting used to. The view is good though but too far away to really feel part of the action. Much better on level 1 but also MUCH more expensive!!

JAMES4578
07-12-2011, 15:20
Never been on Level 4, tbh I'd rather pay the extra!

Hawkeye
07-12-2011, 18:57
Level 4 is great if you can get a seat at either end of the net.

Linda
07-12-2011, 20:30
I was on level 4 for one session two years ago, as level 1 had sold out. I didn't like it at all - you really do feel like you could fall all the way down. I'll never go on level 4 again.

Speedy Hawk
09-12-2011, 17:13
Yeah! I had to hold seats behind me to feel little more safer. I am amazed there no accidents people falling down.

karanga
09-12-2011, 21:43
Thanks for sharing your day with us, Sam. Glad you enjoyed it despite the possibility of falling from the Gods. :thumbup: