Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: Health and Ailments thread

Re: Health and Ailments thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stell View Post
    The oncologist's helper phoned me, on Tuesday. She told me to have the next blood test on the 2nd of next month and then to come in on the 4th of next month for a review. She wasn't pleased, when I told her, I still hadn't got an appointment for next month's injection. She told me, the oncologist would be writing to my doctor's surgery. It seemed to do the trick, as my doctor phoned me yesterday and gave me an appointment for the 5th of next month. He told me, they will let me know as to when I'll be having the vaccine as I told him, I'm supposed to have it by the middle of next month. As my dad continues to get worse with his Alzheimer's disease, and is due to have his vaccine tomorrow, my doctor told me that I'll be able to walk in with him.
    Good to hear that you can go with your Dad. Be careful though

I went for another blood test, this morning. I told the nurse that I was still waiting for the vaccine. My mum was supposed to have had hers, last Wednesday, but she wanted to have it at the same time as me. I also told the nurse that I'm classed as vulnerable. Later, the receptionist rang to say they were offering me an appointment for Saturday for me to have the vaccine. She agreed for my mum to have it done at the same time.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stell For This Useful Post:

anor (03-02-2021), banskogirl (06-02-2021), clancy (03-02-2021), JAMES4578 (13-02-2021)

I received a letter, on Friday, from the hospital. They'd made me an appointment for me to have a scan on the 8th of next month. I know the last scan showed the cancer was slowly going and the oncologist had hoped to start lowering my tablet dosage. But, he couldn't because the next two blood tests after it weren't very encouraging. He's probably hoping to start to lower the dosage if the cancer is still going.

Challenger Circuit

Hope things go better for you Stell. Seems to have been complicated and a bit confused.

I had the scan on Monday, but I'll probably won't get to know the result until about Easter. The oncologist has already given me different chemo tablets, which I believe are a lower dosage.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stell For This Useful Post:

banskogirl (11-03-2021), clancy (11-03-2021)

Today is the first anniversary of me going to the Sainsbury's car park and having my mammogram.

Quote Originally Posted by Stell View Post
    Today is the first anniversary of me going to the Sainsbury's car park and having my mammogram.
    definitely good that you went xx

Fingers crossed for the result Stell.
    Pat xx

I had my latest blood test, yesterday, and should get the result tomorrow.

A nurse from the hospital phoned me, yesterday, and told me that my white blood cell count was just above the normal level. But, the oncologist was slightly worried about my magnesium. The oncologist had decided to let it go and would allow me to carry on with the tablets. As tomorrow (today) is Good Friday, someone would pick up the tablets for me and I would have to collect them from the same department where I used to have the injections. Just before I left, earlier, the same nurse phoned. She apologised by saying Boots had mixed up my tablets and I would have to phone them (Boots) tomorrow. I told her, she didn't have to apologise for that useless lot as they're always messing me around. Luckily, in the future, I'll be going to Boots on the High Street as they are more reliable.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stell For This Useful Post:

banskogirl (Yesterday), HoopGirl (06-04-2021)