Sir Andy Murray, OBE. World No 1
Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
Results 291 to 298 of 298

Thread: Andy's "HIP" ...

  1. #291

    Re: Newspaper and internet reports

    incidentally, i think Andy has had 2 operations - the first in Australia was a hip resurfacing, which did not work for any length of time; and then a second in London, to replace his own hip ball with a metal ball hammered into his femur and introduced into the socket, which is part of the pelvis I think. this is all in Resurfacing, worth a watch.

  2. #292
    Pro Player Mickey's Avatar
    Location
    Llantarnam, Torfaen
    Posts
    497

    Re: Newspaper and internet reports

    Quote Originally Posted by harriet View Post
    incidentally, i think Andy has had 2 operations - the first in Australia was a hip resurfacing, which did not work for any length of time; and then a second in London, to replace his own hip ball with a metal ball hammered into his femur and introduced into the socket, which is part of the pelvis I think. this is all in Resurfacing, worth a watch.
    Sorry he did not have his hip resurfaced in Australia, it was a minor op where they just scrape away the rough bits, but then this didn’t really help so he went for hip resurfacing which is putting metal in the socket and metal on the hip, which is a major op, although not a complete hip replacement.

  3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mickey For This Useful Post:

    clancy (04-09-2020), HoopGirl (02-10-2020), JAMES4578 (04-09-2020), pabbers (04-09-2020), supergran (02-10-2020)

  4. #293
    Moderator RosieBear's Avatar
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,154

    Re: Newspaper and internet reports

    Yikes
    "DOC PROBE: Surgeon Derek McMinn who saved Andy Murray’s career kept body parts".
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...s-andy-murray/

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to RosieBear For This Useful Post:

    HoopGirl (02-10-2020)

  6. #294
    Pro Player Mickey's Avatar
    Location
    Llantarnam, Torfaen
    Posts
    497

    Re: Newspaper and internet reports

    But he didn’t operate on Andy, he invented the procedure. Andy’s surgeon is a woman.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickey For This Useful Post:

    supergran (02-10-2020)

  8. #295
    Challenger Circuit
    Location
    Bedfordshire, England
    Posts
    1,084

    Re: Newspaper and internet reports

    Chris Evert’s view on Andy and wildcards.

    https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/01/chris...nder-13358116/

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HoopGirl For This Useful Post:

    anor (02-10-2020), exislander (02-10-2020), jackie55 (02-10-2020), supergran (02-10-2020)

  10. #296

    Re: Newspaper and internet reports

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    But he didn’t operate on Andy, he invented the procedure. Andy’s surgeon is a woman.
    yes, that's what i thought.
    but Andy has had 2 ops, the first (after he spoke to a surgeon in Australia) was a McMinn type resurfacing, which seemed to fail quite soon, and then a replacement hip joint, which is in place now.

  11. #297
    Admin Mod Sallydaisy's Avatar
    Location
    Over the moon! Watching Andy Murray on Centre Court 28/7/21
    Posts
    24,685

    Re: Newspaper and internet reports

    Quote Originally Posted by harriet View Post
    incidentally, i think Andy has had 2 operations - the first in Australia was a hip resurfacing, which did not work for any length of time; and then a second in London, to replace his own hip ball with a metal ball hammered into his femur and introduced into the socket, which is part of the pelvis I think. this is all in Resurfacing, worth a watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Sorry he did not have his hip resurfaced in Australia, it was a minor op where they just scrape away the rough bits, but then this didn’t really help so he went for hip resurfacing which is putting metal in the socket and metal on the hip, which is a major op, although not a complete hip replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by harriet View Post
    yes, that's what i thought.
    but Andy has had 2 ops, the first (after he spoke to a surgeon in Australia) was a McMinn type resurfacing, which seemed to fail quite soon, and then a replacement hip joint, which is in place now.
    Harriet, Andy hasn't had a replacement hip joint - see Mickeys' earlier correct response to you copied in above.

    He has had RESURFACING - hence the title of his film of the same name.
    The off-topic queen strikes again ...................

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

    banskogirl (04-10-2020), JAMES4578 (02-10-2020)

  13. #298
    Admin Mod Sallydaisy's Avatar
    Location
    Over the moon! Watching Andy Murray on Centre Court 28/7/21
    Posts
    24,685

    Re: Andy's "HIP" ...

    A few posts relating to Andys' hip have been moved into the 'hip' thread here.
    The off-topic queen strikes again ...................

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •