Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Andy's "HIP" ...

Re: Newspaper and internet reports

incidentally, i think Andy has had 2 operations - the first in Australia was a hip resurfacing, which did not work for any length of time; and then a second in London, to replace his own hip ball with a metal ball hammered into his femur and introduced into the socket, which is part of the pelvis I think. this is all in Resurfacing, worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by harriet View Post
    incidentally, i think Andy has had 2 operations - the first in Australia was a hip resurfacing, which did not work for any length of time; and then a second in London, to replace his own hip ball with a metal ball hammered into his femur and introduced into the socket, which is part of the pelvis I think. this is all in Resurfacing, worth a watch.
    Sorry he did not have his hip resurfaced in Australia, it was a minor op where they just scrape away the rough bits, but then this didn’t really help so he went for hip resurfacing which is putting metal in the socket and metal on the hip, which is a major op, although not a complete hip replacement.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mickey For This Useful Post:

clancy (04-09-2020), HoopGirl (02-10-2020), JAMES4578 (04-09-2020), pabbers (04-09-2020), supergran (02-10-2020)

Yikes
    "DOC PROBE: Surgeon Derek McMinn who saved Andy Murray’s career kept body parts".
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...s-andy-murray/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RosieBear For This Useful Post:

HoopGirl (02-10-2020)

But he didn’t operate on Andy, he invented the procedure. Andy’s surgeon is a woman.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickey For This Useful Post:

supergran (02-10-2020)

Challenger Circuit

Chris Evert’s view on Andy and wildcards.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/01/chris...nder-13358116/

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HoopGirl For This Useful Post:

anor (02-10-2020), exislander (02-10-2020), jackie55 (02-10-2020), supergran (02-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    But he didn’t operate on Andy, he invented the procedure. Andy’s surgeon is a woman.
    yes, that's what i thought.
    but Andy has had 2 ops, the first (after he spoke to a surgeon in Australia) was a McMinn type resurfacing, which seemed to fail quite soon, and then a replacement hip joint, which is in place now.

Over the moon! Watching Andy Murray on Centre Court 28/7/21

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Sorry he did not have his hip resurfaced in Australia, it was a minor op where they just scrape away the rough bits, but then this didn’t really help so he went for hip resurfacing which is putting metal in the socket and metal on the hip, which is a major op, although not a complete hip replacement.
    yes, that's what i thought.
    but Andy has had 2 ops, the first (after he spoke to a surgeon in Australia) was a McMinn type resurfacing, which seemed to fail quite soon, and then a replacement hip joint, which is in place now.
    Harriet, Andy hasn't had a replacement hip joint - see Mickeys' earlier correct response to you copied in above.

He has had RESURFACING - hence the title of his film of the same name.
    The off-topic queen strikes again ...................

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

banskogirl (04-10-2020), JAMES4578 (02-10-2020)

Over the moon! Watching Andy Murray on Centre Court 28/7/21

Re: Andy's "HIP" ...

A few posts relating to Andys' hip have been moved into the 'hip' thread here.
    The off-topic queen strikes again ...................