Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reaction to Andys' retirement plans

Over the moon! Watching Andy Murray on Centre Court 28/7/21

Reaction to Andys' retirement plans

We'll try to keep up to date with responses to Andys news conference this morning in Australia. We need a record of just how much this guy is loved and regarded by so many.

A word of advice if you go onto some websites ... ignore the trolls who might upset you.
    The off-topic queen strikes again ...................

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

banskogirl (11-01-2019), exislander (11-01-2019), JAMES4578 (11-01-2019), Jan62 (11-01-2019), jeannie13 (11-01-2019), karanga (11-01-2019), lovetennis (11-01-2019), lynne (11-01-2019), Silverdee (11-01-2019)

Re: Reaction to Andys' retirement plans

FROM THE OTHER PLAYERS (as collated by the ATP Tour)
    ATP Tour stars, coaches, former players and even an NBA star reacted with sadness and words of encouragement to the news that Andy Murray could be playing his final tournament at the Australian Open, which starts Monday. The Scot said during a news conference on Friday that the pain in his right hip has become too much for him to endure, and that he plans to retire after Wimbledon, if not sooner.

Stanislas Wawrinka

andyroddick
    If this is true, I tip my cap to @andy_murray ! Absolute legend. Short list of best tacticians in history. Unreal results in a brutal era ...... Nothing but respect here. I hope he can finish strong and healthy

Mardy Fish
    The @andy_murray that I know will absolutely make it to Wimbledon to play his final tournament. Not many with more heart, effort in the history of the game. Was always a pleasure to share the court pal.

Kevin Anderson
    My thoughts are with @andy_murray and I really hope we continue to see you fighting on court so you can retire on your own terms. Get well soon... Tennis is better with you.Vasek Pospisil
    So sad for @andy_murray . Hands down one of the best guys on tour. So much respect for him as an all around athlete and person. Hope his body can recover. If not, he will be missed by all.

Thanasi Kokkinakis
    You’re the man muzz

Juan M. del Potro
    Andy, just watched your conference. Please don’t stop trying. Keep fighting. I can imagine your pain and sadness. I hope you can overcome this. You deserve to retire on your own terms, whenever that happens. We love you @andy_murray and we want to see you happy and doing well.

Karen KhachanovReally sad to hear that @andy_murray You are a true champion of our sport and great example for all of us!Stay strong

Katie SwanYou were my biggest idol growing up and now I’m lucky enough to call you my mentor @andy_murray thank you for showing me what it means to never give up..

George BellshawKyle Edmund on Andy Murray: ‘When it’s established and concrete it kind of hits you. For me he’s been my biggest role model out of any tennis player - he’s Britain’s greatest tennis player ever and possibly greatest sportsman ever.’

John Millman
    Andy will always be a titan of our sport. A hero of mine throughout my career. A true warrior whenever he steps on the court.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

anor (11-01-2019), banskogirl (11-01-2019), cazza99 (11-01-2019), Elizabeth (11-01-2019), exislander (11-01-2019), JAMES4578 (11-01-2019), Jan (11-01-2019), Jane (11-01-2019), karanga (11-01-2019), lynne (11-01-2019), patlowe (11-01-2019), piscesperson (13-01-2019), Silverdee (11-01-2019)

FROM OTHER TENNIS MEDIA AND LEGENDS ... just a selection, will add more

jamie delgado That wasn’t the easiest day I’ve ever had...#melbourne

Billie Jean King
    @andy_murray You are a champion on and off the court. So sorry you cannot retire on your own terms, but remember to look to the future. Your greatest impact on the world may be yet to come. Your voice for equality will inspire future generations. Much love to you & your family.

Marcus Buckland
    So sad for @andy_murray who treated us to a magnificent sporting adventure. Fiercely determined, hugely successful and surprisingly thoughtful with an often overlooked dry sense of humour. I hope the pain he’s feeling will be eased by the pride and gratitude we feel for him

Davis Cup‏Verified account @DavisCup 7h7 hours ago
    A modern great for moments like this... After an emotional announcement that retirement is on the horizon, it’s worth reliving *THAT* match point from @andy_murray to win the 2015 Davis Cup
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1083556246677061632

Bob in Spain
    And when all the TV cameras had gone and the rest of the players were in the changing room celebrating, @andy_murray spent an hour going around the crowd and letting the supporters take selfies with him. He was/is a true great both on and off the court.

Wimbledon
    To Andy, Whatever happens next, you've done more than you know.

Stuart Fraser
    A deeply emotional press conference with Andy Murray at Melbourne Park this morning. "In the middle to the end of December, during my training block, I spoke to my team and I told them, 'I cannot keep doing this.'"

Greg Rusedski
    Andy Murray is our best British tennis player in the Open era. He is one of the best athletes, tactician & competitor to grace our sport.He should be so proud of his incredible career . 3 GS, 1 DavisCup winner,2 Olympic Golds , Year end World no.1 , 45 titles!

roger rasheed
    Sport can deliver heavy personal blows & we’re all feeling for @andy_murray , but let’s now make sure we celebrate what Andy brought to the game, on and off the court - it’s been magnificent, loved every minute of the journey.

David Law Can’t remember another player receiving such a universal, affectionate and vocal response from his peers as that which has greeted Andy Murray’s press conference. Says a lot.
    Britain wakes to news that one of its greatest ever athletes (THE greatest, in my view) is to end his career. After a raw, emotional Andy Murray press conference, Catherine Whitaker and I reacted to the news on the @TennisPodcast.

Andrew Castle
    Congratulations Andy #Murray. A career that speaks for itself. Wimbledon Champion US Open Champion Australian Open Final French Open Final Davis Cup Winner Olympic Gold World No.1 100% from start to finish. Inspiring.

Simon BriggsWhat an incredible career. And what a tough way for it to end. In 2017, Murray was four points away from the French Open final. The next day, he was done, even if we didn't know it yet. You feel for him for many reasons, but especially because the guillotine came down so fast

SI TennisHe was thoroughly decent, profoundly fair, deceptively funny and far more liked and colorful than he was ever given credit for." @jon_wertheim pays tribute to Andy Murray, who just announced his upcoming retirement

https://www.si.com/tennis/2019/01/10...aign=si-tennis

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

anor (11-01-2019), banskogirl (11-01-2019), cazza99 (11-01-2019), exislander (11-01-2019), Genbrit (12-01-2019), JAMES4578 (11-01-2019), Jan (11-01-2019), Jane (11-01-2019), karanga (11-01-2019), lynne (11-01-2019), patlowe (11-01-2019), piscesperson (11-01-2019), Silverdee (11-01-2019)

Twitter reaction from non AMFF fans ... in no particular order for now

Aysha QureshiThe fact that Andy will never win an AO is also really tragic. He deserved it more than anyone.

Nial Smith
    Sorry to hear the news Andy. Thanks for inspiring so many posters. Whatever the future, it’s been a blast. ‘Andy Murray – Return from the Tennis Wilderness’.

BBC Tennis
    BBC Tennis Retweeted Wimbledon
    We've got something in our eye

Laura
    I think the AO should give Andy a personalised trophy for all of his accomplishments and efforts. It’s the least they could do ...

Chris P‏ @
    Remember the ridiculous match with Robredo in - I think - Valencia, which ended after saving match points, and Robredo give him the double finger at the net in sheer exhausted amused frustration? That reaction epitomised playing Andy Murray to me.

mary wrack
    I can’t find anything to say that hasn’t already been said so not even going to try!For me the Murray years have been tennis and I’m not sure I’m all that interested though I’ll still watch. Just thanks for everything it’s been an absolute pleasure watching you.#murrayIStennis4me

Sam‏ @
    Never ever did I think I would be so upset seeing an athlete from any sport considering retiring, until @andy_murray. This picture just shows how much this sport means to him. It’s breaks my heart that he can’t continue to play the sport he adores. He is an absolute legend

Runar Hansson
    Olympic Gold 2012
    US Open 2012
    Wimbledon 2013
    Wimbledon 2016
    Olympic Gold 2016
    ATP World Tour Finals 2016
    World End Nr 1 2016
    14 M1000 titles
    8 time Grand Slam finalist
    45 titles in total, Dubai 2017 being his last.

Patrick Collins
    Andy Murray was the greatest British sportsman of his era, perhaps the greatest ever. Until Murray, British tennis was a giggling garden party. He showed what was possible with fierce dedication and surging talent. He is also a thoroughly decent man. We were lucky to have him.

Rena
    I'm feeling very sad and I don't know what to say. Andy didn't deserve to retire like this. Watched his press conference and that was very tough to watch. It's heartbreaking to see him like this. Thanks to everyone who wrote to me messages of support. You all know how I feel

Chris P
    I'll never forget that crazy US Open final, when he had to subdue Djokovic and his own demons to prevail. He flew in that 5th set after the famous bathroom self-lecture.

It's easy to forget that prior to 2012 so much of the narrative around Andy Murray was that he'd never win a slam, the temperament wasn't right, physically he wasn't strong enough, he played too defensively. Murray knew better.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

banskogirl (11-01-2019), cazza99 (11-01-2019), Elizabeth (11-01-2019), exislander (11-01-2019), Genbrit (12-01-2019), JAMES4578 (11-01-2019), Jane (11-01-2019), lynne (11-01-2019), patlowe (11-01-2019), piscesperson (13-01-2019), Silverdee (11-01-2019)

Jon Wertheim
    Retweeted George Stein It’s probably premature for this...but when a former pro of renown suggested to me that Murray - smart, fair, pragmatic, progressive - would be a strong candidate to clean the Augean stable of the ATP, I did not disagree....
    George SteinReplying to @jon_wertheim Whenever the “active” part of #AndyMurray ‘s career ends, he’ll have his choice of commentating jobs, or (much) better yet, coaching. It’d be like having the best of all worlds: a Lendl-like work ethic with a great sense of humour! Who wouldn’t want him? Waddya say Caro Garcia?

touchtennisThank you for everything you did for tennis. The greatest Scottish sportsman of all time. You competed and won multiple slams in the toughest era we’ve ever known. You inspired thousands of young hopefuls. I’m sure you’ll continue to as well. @andy_murray #andymurray

Courtney Nguyen
    I think the women in the press room will back me up on this: Andy Murray always treated us great. Sometimes I’d chuckle at his penchant for giving a thoughtful answer to a q asked by a woman, which he just brushed off when asked by a guy.

Carole Bouchard
    The one calling you "the lady over there" when talking about u. The one that yells "Goodnight, Carole!" at 10pm in the middle of Wimbledon. The one that asks how u've been while really meaning it. Always a smile on his face when he crosses you anywhere. Never a bad word.

Miranda HartWatching the press conference was emotional for an admirer and fan, I can’t imagine how hard this must be for Andy to leave a life and sport he loves so much. He is such an inspiration. What he achieved is phenomenal. Here’s hoping he has a great @AustralianOpen farewell.

Darren CahillWhen you search for examples of “emptied the bucket to be as good as they could be” there should be a picture of Andy Murray sitting under that quote. Remarkable discipline for training, competition, sacrifice, perfection, a little crazy but a legend of a bloke. Bravo Andy

Daniel Vallverdu Whatever you think “emptying the bucket” means....times that by 5 and that’s who @andy_murray is. Thank you Andy - thank you for always being you. #1

Justin Rose
    What a career @andy_murray keep it going as everybody wants to watch you @Wimbledon in July mate. GOAT –– 3x Grand Slams –– 2x Olympic gold medals –– ATP Finals –– 2016 world No.1 –– 14x Masters 1000 titles –– 8x Grand Slam finals –– 45 total ATP titles Legend

Neil Harman‏ @
    Waking to the sad news about Andy Murray. Happy I saw him at his very best, chronicled the great successes and the occasional lows. There’s no doubt he’s the finest British player of all time and a giant of the courts. He changed a lot of lives, mine included. @andy_murray

Piers Newbery Long, hectic, sad day. AM was the reason I first got to visit Melbourne, so it’s down to him in large part that I now live here. Polite, funny and clever - despite my valiant attempts to dumb him down. Looking forward to seeing what he does next.

stephen hendry
    Hard to read that @andy_murray being forced to retire because of injury,no doubt one of Scotland’s greatest ever sportsmen

Kim ClijstersMy heart breaks listening to @andy_murray during his press conference... Hope he will make it through to Wimbledon and have the farewell he deserves . #greatguy

Johanna Konta (from the BBC page)
    "Unable to retire on his own terms and forced to retire is something which no athlete wants to be put through," Konta said. "Everyone will have a lot of compassion and a lot of sadness for him if he has been put into that position."
    Konta says female players have been grateful for Murray's support.
    "There have been many examples of when he has stood up for women's tennis and women in general," she said.
    "He has voiced his opinions and has tackled some questions and issues that have arisen.
    "I think everybody has always been very appreciative of him and how he has stood up for the women's side of the game."

Heather Watson on Instagram
    Keep fighting Andy, you’re got a heart of pure gold! You’re most definitely one of the most liked and respected players on the tour. I know all of us girls in the locker room are in awe & so grateful for how you always fight in our corner! Thank you so much for that. You inspire me in so many ways and I don’t want you to go!! Stay strong and keep fighting �� it’s pretty nerve racking playing with you because you’re pretty gosh darn Awesome (with a capital A)�� but jheez am I so grateful I have!

Kyle Edmund
    Nobody has done more for British tennis than you and it looks like nobody will for many years to come. You have been an inspiration, friend and role model to me from the get go and I thank you for everything. Hope to see you out there for as long as possible @andy_murray

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

Elizabeth (11-01-2019), exislander (11-01-2019), Genbrit (12-01-2019), Jane (11-01-2019), karanga (11-01-2019), lynne (11-01-2019), patlowe (11-01-2019), piscesperson (11-01-2019), Silverdee (11-01-2019)

MORE FROM TWITTER INCLUDING SOME CURRENT AND FORMER AMFF'ers

robstewart
    I'm a long time gone from tennis, but heartbroken to see a friend in pain. When I first met #andymurray he was a kid. He's become a man whom I respect perhaps more than anyone. Puritanical work ethic, razor sharp mind, silly levels of talent...
    ...But more than anything he's always been resolutely unspun. Never bent or swayed to act in any way other than what was true to him. What you see is what he is. I'm sad, but excited for the next chapter for both him and his lovely young family.

angiebabez
    I can't actually put into words just now how I'm feeling..Just feel totally numb

Zainab Walji
    I really hope @andy_murray is not pulling out of Aussie open but why else would he be in tears? Poor guy deserves a break. The tennis world needs andy.

No no no!!! @andy_murray is retiring after @Wimbledon gutted! Andy was the one who truly got me even more into tennis. Am very tempted to time my trip to London with queens/London to watch andy for the last time

Must be so hard for him at the momentIt’s late for my fellow @andy_murray fans in UK. I just wanted to give you all a huge virtual #HUG

I guess in my heart of hearts I had a feeling andy couldn’t keep playing through the pain. It didn’t seem to be improving. Selfishly I will miss him. Unselfishly I wish him to live without having to play through pain. I just didn’t expect the announcement so early. I feel like @andy_murray has been a huge part of my youth! You gave me love of this game. I started playing tennis because of you. Tennis won’t be the same without you

James Harrison
    Come on...own up...who ****** off the tennis gods? I know it wasn’t me!

On second thoughts...I bet it’s @AndrewCastle63 It’s always Andrew Castle!
    gutted for us...absolutely devestated for him!

Kelle
    Andy Murray is a legend. So gutted for him that his career's ending this way. He's been such a huge part of my life for the past 14 years, and he's given me so many incredible memories with some amazing people (even when we were all crying at semi final & final defeats )

Also, as well as being a brilliant tennis player, he's a really, really good person.

alex thompson‏ (dewster)My interest in watching tennis has waned significantly over the last 18 months. Every time Andy came back I was filled with hope. So sad to see such a great champion reduced to this. If he makes it to Wimbledon I’ll do everything I can to be there and see him off

TennisNow Heartbreaking news on a generational talent that has been embraced for his guts, his guile, his humor, has candor, his talent, his open-mindedness. Andy Murray is EVERYTHING to so many tennis fans, and it's difficult to think that the end of his momentous career is so near.

Jonathan Newman
    For as great a tennis player as @andy_murray has been, it's a credit to him as a person that we are all so gutted for him right now. His voice & actions as an ally -- cutting down bigotry and uplifting others in tennis -- are what set him apart. Forever grateful. Thank you, sir!

Elaine Paterson@andy_murray made tennis exciting, stomach churning and glorious. Such a shame he’s having to retire earlier than he or I would have wanted, but he has to do what is right for his health. On to a new chapter Andy. Thanks for the memories!

Me & Me
    Every time I try to start writing something, I just tear up. No tweet can be enough to say everything Andy meant to me. Stay strong, boy

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

cazza99 (11-01-2019), Elizabeth (11-01-2019), exislander (11-01-2019), Genbrit (12-01-2019), JAMES4578 (11-01-2019), Jane (11-01-2019), jeannie13 (11-01-2019), karanga (11-01-2019), lynne (11-01-2019), patlowe (11-01-2019), piscesperson (11-01-2019)

MORE FROM PLAYERS

Svetlana Kuznetsova @andy_murray
    Andy you are the best no matter what! And so strong! All the respect !

Anne Keothavong
    Andy Murray has had an incredible career. Most importantly though, he’s such a decent human being.

Kevin Anderson
    My thoughts are with @andy_murray and I really hope we continue to see you fighting on court so you can retire on your own terms. Get well soon... Tennis is better with you.

Grigor Dimitrov
    Tennis will come to an end for us all but the friendships will last a lifetime. What you’ve done for the sport will live on forever. I’m hoping for a strong and healthy finish for you, my friend! @andy_murray

AndyroddickJust thinking out loud here. He deserves his moment to say goodbye at Wimbledon. He’s too important to Great Britain and Wimbledon history to not have it..... Would be a pretty cool moment to play doubles w his bro at Wimby if he can’t play singles

Jonas Bjorkman
    Woke up to the sad news from @andy_murray True champion and an amazing fighter with a huge heart. One of the most professional guys that I have ever met. My biggest respect!

Nick Kyrgios on Facebook:
    Andy, I know you take me for a joker most of the time, but at least hear me out on this one old friend.

You will always be someone that impacted the sport in so many different ways, I know this was never the way you wanted to go out, but hey it was a heck of a ride.

You took me under your wing as soon as I got on tour, and to this day you have been someone I literally just look forward to seeing. You are one crazy tennis player, miles better than me, but I just want you to know that today isn’t only a sad day for you and your team, it’s a sad day for the sport and for everyone you’ve had an impact on. Which leaves me big fella.. these are a couple photos, that should make you smile and think, I was actually a little bit of a younger brother to you.

Anyways, I just want you to know, and I’m sure you already do, everyone wants you to keep fighting and to keep being you. Goodluck at the Australian Open muzz, I’ll be behind you. #onelastdance

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

cazza99 (11-01-2019), Elizabeth (11-01-2019), exislander (11-01-2019), Genbrit (12-01-2019), JAMES4578 (11-01-2019), Jane (11-01-2019), jeannie13 (11-01-2019), karanga (11-01-2019), lynne (11-01-2019), patlowe (11-01-2019), piscesperson (11-01-2019), Silverdee (11-01-2019)

More from Twitter

Carole Bouchard
    Novak Djokovic didn't know about Andy announcing his retirement. He's asked about it at Asics event. "It's quite a shock for me. It's sad to see what he's been going through... He's a great champion, a friend of mine, I grew up with him, we played epic matches all over the world"

Rod Laver
    @andy_murray is a great champion who I have the utmost admiration for. I’ve enjoyed following his stellar career, he is truly one of the greats of our game & a lovely bloke! Arise Sir Andy. I applaud you & wish you well in all your future endeavours. Rocket

Paul Annacone
    Hearing the news from @andy_murray is gut wrenching It is an athlete’s goal to retire on their own terms That’s been stolen from him He will be sorely missed let’s all enjoy what’s left & from this tennis fan Thank you @andy_murray

Nicola Sturgeon
    Andy Murray is a legend - without doubt one of Scotland’s greatest ever sportsmen, as well as an outstanding role model and inspiration for young people everywhere. A credit to sport and to the country. Sending him very best wishes.

Rob Curling @andy_murray has done so much for British tennis in particular and British sport in general. What a legacy. His achievements are phenomenal and I for one am extremely grateful to him for the excitement he has given us as sports broadcasters and sports fans.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

angiebabez (11-01-2019), cazza99 (11-01-2019), Elizabeth (11-01-2019), Genbrit (12-01-2019), JAMES4578 (11-01-2019), Jane (11-01-2019), karanga (11-01-2019), lynne (11-01-2019), patlowe (11-01-2019), piscesperson (11-01-2019), Silverdee (11-01-2019)

More items from twitter:

Matt Zemek
    Juan Martin del Potro.
    Tomas Berdych.
    Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.
    David Ferrer.
    Marin Cilic.
    Stan Wawrinka.
    David Nalbandian.
    Lleyton Hewitt.
    Robin Soderling.
    Grigor Dimitrov.

Sir Andrew Barron Murray won more Masters 1000 titles than those men *combined*. #AndyMurray

Juan Carlos Ferrero
    All my admiration and respect @andy_murray. You'll always be a great champion ����, those of you who love tennis will miss you.

Jordanne Whiley MBE
    Absolutely gutted to hear of @andy_murray news today. A legend of the sport and a genuinely lovely person

Jo Durie
    Just arrived down under to the sad news about Andy. It’s so hard to give up something you truly love doing. But on a brighter note well done @harriet_dart for qualifying & a great first round draw v Sharapova to go for.

Gary Lineker
    Always sad when a sporting career comes to an end. Sadder still when it’s one of the greatest sportsmen that these islands has ever produced. Wish @andy_murray all the very best. A truly wonderful tennis player, and an absolute credit to his sport. Well played, Sir.

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

anor (11-01-2019), cazza99 (11-01-2019), exislander (11-01-2019), Genbrit (12-01-2019), JAMES4578 (11-01-2019), Jan (11-01-2019), Jane (11-01-2019), lynne (11-01-2019), Mickey (11-01-2019), patlowe (11-01-2019), piscesperson (11-01-2019), themass15 (11-01-2019)

A few more ...

Ravi Ubh
    Ivan Lendl on Murray: "As Andy looks to wind down over the next several months the world of tennis will lose a great competitor but he will leave a measure of true grit that we all can learn from. He has always left it out on court."
    More from Ivan Lendl on Andy: "He has always left it all out on court and I will look back with great feelings about the years we worked together which were a lot of fun, filled with excitement."

Magnus Norman
    If true. Feel down to the bone for Andy Murray right now. Amazing player, fighter, nr 1 and multiple GS champion. Deepest respect.

Pam Shriver
    A male leadership voice that stands out and is outstanding during a challenging time for gender issues. Andy was able to reach #1 during the Federer Nadal Djokovic era making it the era of the big 4. My family is sending Andy all the love and support from Los Angeles. @JudyMurray

Elena Vesnina
    Just heard about @andymurray press conference and my heart breaks to hear that.Truly inspiration for everyone,role model for boys and girls,fighter in every aspects,who was always standing in our corner.Really hope he will make it through to Wimbledon.Keep strong Andy.

Conor Niland
    Emotional for @andy_murray. A rare talent. 2 Wimbledon's, 2 Olympic Golds, US Open, Davis Cup title for GB and World No.1. Says it all.

Theresa May
    Andy Murray has had a fantastic career and time and time again has made this nation proud. We all hope we can see much more of him playing this year and when he does finish, he will be remembered as one of the best and most successful athletes of his or any generation.

Mrs I Watching #AndyMurray on the news. Poor lad, so emotional.

Stuart Fraser‏V
    Crazy day in Melbourne, or two days as it's now 5:40am on Saturday morning. Suspect there will be twists and turns to come in this Andy Murray story yet.

Simon CambersIt was hard to see @andy_murray in press today. Obviously incredibly hard for him to have to make the decision, but what a career. Britain's best ever player, surely Scotland's finest ever sportsman and a pleasure to follow for more than a decade. And above all, quality of life is so important. Playing through pain is never, ever enjoyable. Hopefully he makes it to @Wimbledon and gets the send-off he deserves. How's that statue coming on?....

Jamie MacDonald
    A sad day for British sport as perhaps one of its greatest ever athletes could hang up his racket. #AndyMurray #Legend

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

anor (11-01-2019), exislander (11-01-2019), Genbrit (12-01-2019), Helen40 (12-01-2019), JAMES4578 (11-01-2019), Jane (11-01-2019), karanga (11-01-2019), lynne (11-01-2019), patlowe (11-01-2019), piscesperson (13-01-2019)