Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016

Thread: Fed cup - amff meal

In sadness that I might never see Andy play again

Fed cup - amff meal

Hi all

Given that Fed Cup is only a 2-day event and some folks will travel in for the day if they live close enough I am guessing there won't be so many AMFFers wishing to get together for a meal.

The best option would be for it to happen on Saturday night. Whilst we do not yet know the start times the indications are for a mid-afternoon start on both days of the tie. We know, from experience in Bath, that 2 singles could take up to 5.5hours (or more!) so on Saturday perhaps that'd mean rubbers finish in time for us to eat out together for Dinner. We'd have to go straight out from the tennis and it could still be as late as 8.30pm (but hopefully earlier!).

On Sunday it's 2 Singles and possibly 1 Doubles which is only played if a decider is needed. Some folks may have to leave straight after the tennis to get trains home so getting together might not be an option on Sunday evening. I'd rule out having an AMFF LUNCH as I guess a few folks will want to visit new places in the City e.g. the Olympic Park.

So, if you are interested in having a group Dinner on Saturday 20th April please PM me the following information:-
    Yes or No
    Your Hotel (so I can look up likely places that all can reach)
    Dietary Allergies

The off-topic queen strikes again ...................

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

glenys (28-02-2019), goldfish (03-03-2019), lovetennis (28-02-2019)

Re: Fed cup - amff meal

Sightseeing idea ... Billingsgate Fish Market. 05.00 on Saturday morning ...

Re: Fed cup - amff meal

Hi all
    I've sent a PM to everyone who said they'd like to get together for a meal/drinks on Saturday 20th April and should like a reply by 8pm Sunday 14th April please. I'm sorry for the delay in letting you know what is happening; it has proved difficult to get a booking anywhere given that the footie fans will be out and about from 5pm onwards and taking up all the bar and restaurant space in/around Stratford Intl. I hope y'all like my cunning plan ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sallydaisy For This Useful Post:

pabbers (17-04-2019)