Sir Andy Murray, OBE. World No 1
Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1120

Thread: What's the weather like where you are?

Wild Card

Re: What's the weather like where you are?

Hurricane Ian - We are Camphosting at a RV park in Jacksonville, Florida and got evacuated due to the hurricane. We put our motorhome in storage and they gave us a cabin to ride out the storm, as we will have to get the campground ready for occupation after the storm goes through and before anyone can return. The storm is due to go through here tonight. It will be a category 1 but fortunately it is off coast. Hopefully just high winds but already had some tree limbs down and some trees have fallen on base. We are also on a river and the storm surge has already caused the water level to rise, hopefully it won't come up much further. Another 6 hours to high tide.
    2011 & 2019 Bubble Gap Champion

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genbrit For This Useful Post:

banskogirl (30-09-2022), cazza99 (30-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Genbrit View Post
    Hurricane Ian - We are Camphosting at a RV park in Jacksonville, Florida and got evacuated due to the hurricane. We put our motorhome in storage and they gave us a cabin to ride out the storm, as we will have to get the campground ready for occupation after the storm goes through and before anyone can return. The storm is due to go through here tonight. It will be a category 1 but fortunately it is off coast. Hopefully just high winds but already had some tree limbs down and some trees have fallen on base. We are also on a river and the storm surge has already caused the water level to rise, hopefully it won't come up much further. Another 6 hours to high tide.
    Stay safe. Must be worrying. Us back in the UK only rarely get to experience extreme weather, thank God. Especially in the middle of England where I am.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to suttontennis For This Useful Post:

Genbrit (01-10-2022)

Praying you are all safely through the worst!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to banskogirl For This Useful Post:

Genbrit (01-10-2022)

Hope you are staying safe Genbrit.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cazza99 For This Useful Post:

Genbrit (01-10-2022)

Wild Card

Ok, good news. We survived and are safe. No damage to us or the campground. Just debris and the water has risen from hide tide & storm surge along the river. It went under the gazebo which is above ground but not in it. Phew!!
    When my husband went in to inspect it, he heard a noise in the water under the gazebo and saw an alligator making a quick getaway. I guess he thought he found a safe place under the gazebo. We have seen alligators here before in the stream between us and the golf course. They hang out at the golf course. One always has a turtle friend on his back!! Anyway, I digress!!! We spent the day cleaning the campground of debris and started welcoming our campers back. The majority will return tomorrow. Normal business is resumed.
    This storm is still on a destructive path as it comes back to land further up the coast. Thoughts and prayers for everyone impacted by it.
    As a side note, my eldest son is named Ian and he told me: "See Mum, I always create havoc!!"

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Genbrit For This Useful Post:

banskogirl (02-10-2022), cazza99 (02-10-2022), clancy (01-10-2022), patlowe (01-10-2022), Sallydaisy (02-10-2022), themass15 (01-10-2022)

Glad you stayed safe Genbrit. But alligators.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cazza99 For This Useful Post:

Genbrit (03-10-2022)

Ok, good news. We survived and are safe. No damage to us or the campground. Just debris and the water has risen from hide tide & storm surge along the river. It went under the gazebo which is above ground but not in it. Phew!!
    When my husband went in to inspect it, he heard a noise in the water under the gazebo and saw an alligator making a quick getaway. I guess he thought he found a safe place under the gazebo. We have seen alligators here before in the stream between us and the golf course. They hang out at the golf course. One always has a turtle friend on his back!! Anyway, I digress!!! We spent the day cleaning the campground of debris and started welcoming our campers back. The majority will return tomorrow. Normal business is resumed.
    This storm is still on a destructive path as it comes back to land further up the coast. Thoughts and prayers for everyone impacted by it.
    As a side note, my eldest son is named Ian and he told me: "See Mum, I always create havoc!!"
    Another world glad you are all safe!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to banskogirl For This Useful Post:

Genbrit (03-10-2022)

Wild Card

So relieved that you are safe, Genbrit. Eek, alligators!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anor For This Useful Post:

Genbrit (03-10-2022), JAMES4578 (02-10-2022)

Glad you are safe Genbrit but certainty worrying!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JAMES4578 For This Useful Post:

Genbrit (03-10-2022)

Wild Card

Thanks for all your kind words. It certainly is a different world. To be honest I'm more scared of the water moccasins, who can be well camouflaged and you have to watch where you walk through the woods. Some places they are in the trees as well. The alligators I just stomp as I walk, and make a lot of noise, so they hear us coming and quickly scoot away. I believe the trick is not to surprise them!!! They seem well fed from the environment, and calmly sunbathe by the lake at the golf course. Of course, if your ball goes in or near the lake you don't bother to try and retrieve it while they're there!! If we still had our dog though I wouldn't be walking anywhere near them.
    The weather has returned to normal, blue skies and sunshine. Hopefully the next disturbances will stay away from any land.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genbrit For This Useful Post:

anor (03-10-2022), banskogirl (03-10-2022)