Wimbledon Champion 2013 & 2016
Olympic Gold & Silver Medallist, USO Champion 2012
Team GB - Davis Cup Champions 2015
Olympic Gold Medallist 2016
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2013, 2015 & 2016
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Technical Woes

Re: Technical Woes

I hope somebody can help me with this one. While I was away, last week, my sister phoned me to say I'd got no internet. I returned home on Sunday and then phoned my broadband provider on Monday. They sent an engineer on Tuesday, who believed the socket for the phone and broadband was faulty and replaced it. It didn't work, so an engineer from Open Reach came yesterday. He believed the router was faulty. But, wouldn't replace it with a new one. After he'd gone, I had to phone my broadband provider who believed the socket was faulty. I was told to take the front of it off and replace it with a filter. I was then told to buy a new Mastersocket 5C Spaceplate Mik 4 (Open Reach) one. Then, replace it with the filter. I was told he'd found one for about 10 on the Amazon website. But, do any shops sell them? Also, my laptop only now recognises my an old email account which finished in about 2012. If I got the new socket, would my laptop recognise my present email address or would I still have to try and change it? I would like to get rid of the old one permanently, but I don't know how to do it.

Sorry, I meant to say MK 4 and not MIK 4. Also, after giving my laptop a good kicking (I didn't really kick it), my present email address finally started working.

The Netflix on my sister and brother-in-law’s TV froze and a website said to turn the TV off. I did and, when I put it back on, the TV now freezes on BBC 1. How do I get it back to normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Stell View Post
    The Netflix on my sister and brother-in-law’s TV froze and a website said to turn the TV off. I did and, when I put it back on, the TV now freezes on BBC 1. How do I get it back to normal?
    You mean on smart TV? Not streaming device like Roku, Apple TV streaming boxes etc?

Hard to tell really cos there so many brand and models of smart TV and all behave different.

If you talking about smart TV then maybe check is there firmware update? If there it then download/install it.

Do apps on that smart TV update itself? Or you need do it yourself? (I don't have much experience of smart TV cos I use streaming boxes instead cos they much better and more stable). Check if apps can be updated.

I think last choice is reset smart TV back default if nothing at all fix problem means lose settings been set up and need be reset up again. It might still not work after that.......
    Go Andy Murray --- Go Roger Federer
    *** Winner of FTM 2007 and 2020 ***

They’re due back today. So, I’ll let them know.

We have a Samsung smart tv and it is awful! I spent ages trying to add the Discovery + app yesterday. I got it eventually by doing the opposite to all of the instructions.

If you try Bbc iplayer for a while and the try Bbc again?

Quote Originally Posted by banskogirl View Post
    We have a Samsung smart tv and it is awful! I spent ages trying to add the Discovery + app yesterday. I got it eventually by doing the opposite to all of the instructions.

If you try Bbc iplayer for a while and the try Bbc again?
    I think all smart TV is awful. That why here have streaming boxes instead. Can do so much more and reliable. I disconnect my smart TV off internet cos it was so bad when I got it years ago.
    Go Andy Murray --- Go Roger Federer
    *** Winner of FTM 2007 and 2020 ***

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Speedy Hawk For This Useful Post:

banskogirl (26-09-2021)